Are dubs sicker than average?

by SpiceItUp 18 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

My mom is always complaining of something or another every week. She is not that old and is in fairly good health. She eats good and gets moderate exercise but she always has something wrong with her.

Do you think that dubs get sicker than normal people cause of stress or maybe their body just overwhelmed with all the requirements finally says ok...if it takes you being sick to rest then you'll be sick?

What are your thoughts on this?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Spice, my mom is like yours. It is always something. She tells me how her stool is....that is when I hold the phone away and try to keep from banging it on the floor.

All of my mom's side are involved with the dubs. Out of 8 great-grandchildren born of my "annointed" Ggrandfather and his "evil slave" wife: One has lupus, one has a brain tumor, one has leukemia, one has a hole in his heart and I have epilepsy. 3 out of 8 are ok so far. We are all 44 and younger.

On my dad's side I have 6 cousins. All fine. No health issues. All worldly.

I have no answer, except, when my mom talks about all the illnesses, she brings up Jehovah. Why isn't he answering the prayers, etc.

I also get to hear the medical reports on everyone who has anything in her cong.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I was sure "sick" alot having to miss lots of meetings as I was drifting away. Maybe some of these are looking for a little love and compassion and feel the only way anyone in the congregation will pay them any mind, is if they are sick. I'm certain others are "heart-sick" and in despair. Such a life can lead to emotional problems, and most of us already have our fair share. It's such a burden to carry, trying to be the perfect, conforming JW.

You will always find some who will go to meetings even when they are sick with a fever. They feel it is a sacrifice on their part. Lots of JW's are martyrs by nature.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

What is it with the stools already? My mother-in-law is a devout (fanatical) JW and she actually wrote me a LETTER last month about some new homeopathic remedy she is trying and she says her stool is now much larger and shaped like a pretzel. She was so descriptive I was surprised she didn't send a photograph!! And she just went on and on like it was her proudest moment ever. Just like your Mom, she always has some new ailment or malady. She says that "these last days are supposed to be difficult for people - lots of sickness" I think she makes herself sick just by thinking that way. I thought she was a complete lunatic before - - now I'm sure of it. This is a funny coincidence - we should check the latest Awake articles. I can hardly wait to read "Paradise Earth - Where Even Your Stool Will Be Beautiful!"

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! I laughed so hard I cried...

she says her stool is now much larger and shaped like a pretzel.

And she just went on and on like it was her proudest moment ever.

"Paradise Earth - Where Even Your Stool Will Be Beautiful!"

That needs to be a new moto!!!!!!

I, too, have heard the descriptions you are....I wish I did record the calls so I could play them back for friends. They would then understand..........

• JH
    JH

I know many dubs that are not that healthy, look depressed and tired. Since dubs do walk alot, and don't smoke, don't drink much alcohol, well they should be in better shape than the average worldly.

I think that the the sick ones are always sick, and the healthy ones are always healthy, no matter what religion they belong to.

I haven't been to a KH for a while, so I don't know about the health of the average dub. I know an elder that reads so much watchtower scrap that his eyes are always irritated and tired. Whenever you go overboard, your health will decrease. I guess dubs do go overboard.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

worldlygirl, I am still laughing....

Then I thought about it and thought:

"Why on earth do people look at their shit?! What is gained by looking at it? Do they really admire their efforts as your MIL and my mom do? Is this all they can be proud of?"

I am at a loss....and still laughing. Thanks for the great belly laugh....I think the neighbors heard me.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I'm sure they're just trying to "see things as Jehovah sees them." Although, between you and me, I would think that even HE would have to draw the line somewhere!!!

• DJ
    DJ

This is very funny thread. My MIL is not a jw but she has given me stool details many times. It's at a point now when I think she is about to start he stool sermons that I have to call my husband to the phone to save me....GROSS.

To the question about sicknesses and jw's. My jw family is always complaining of some new ailment. In a strange way it seems to bring them pleasure to announce their illnesses. It is a strange thing. This is NOT evidence of God's love but somehow I think they view it as persecution. I think they are just too stressed and have too much germ contacts going out door to door.

• JH
    JH

Many dubs didn't expect that new system would take so much time to get here. I guess many wern't prepared to get old and fall sick.

Many avoided seeing doctors because they were sure that the end was close. Not taking care of themselves like they should have could have influenced thier health.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit