Did you have "Your chair" or place you sat at the K.H??

by karter 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

They used to push the seats towards the front of the hall, so it would force you to sit up front. I hated that. Imagine that...the brothers bullying others to sit where they want them to sit. Just another silly rule by some idiot elder who needs a little power for the day because he can't get it anywhere else in life. Bullies and Hypocrites!

• thereishope
    thereishope

Have some fun! Arrive early, choose any seat you please (one near the back, on the aisle, and close to the bathroom does nicely - it's sure to be someone's preferred chair) then watch the others arrive - let the game of musical chairs begin! I know, I'm easily amused. (party hat? dunce cap? can't tell)

• jws
    jws

I never really noticed. Our halls had 3 sections. At one hall, the ones on the side were 3 chairs wide and the middle section was, I forget, 8 chairs wide? Since we were a family of four and 3 chairs wasn't enough, we always sat in the middle section. Usually somewhere around the middle and left-justified. But not the same row every time. And from what I remember, it was pretty much the same for everybody.

They all sat around the same place they usually do. If they were a side person, they'd always be on the side. if they were a front person, they'd be near the front. But I don't recall anybody being in the same exact seat meeting after meeting.

And of course, there were times the place was packed and you had to sit wherever.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I usually sat in the room where the 2nd school was held

• blondie
    blondie

We had an older sister that sat in the same place every meeting, front, right aisle. She said she was deaf on the right and could hear better.

When a new CO and wife came early, they took her seat but she said nothing, said nothing to them for the whole 3 years they were there.

I went to a new congregation and sat in the back in front of the sound because my husband was doing it because the assigned brother was always late. I gave him his books and went to sit down and someone had moved my purse and books. It turned out that mother, adult daughters and children always sat there, but not a word to me. I went over and asked why they didn't let me know about their arrangement, and that from now on no one was to touch my purse. That made for a tense arrangement. I got a chair and went back and sat with my husband.

I went to one congregation where no one sat in the first 5 rows left, center, and right. The CO came and said that people should move up closer to him, he felt maybe he had bad breath and BO. Visiting speakers always commented on that.

Or the sister who wondered why the WT conductor never called on her and asked him. He said he could not see her. So she sat in the second row, middle, and waved her hand. There was some passive aggressiveness on the part of the conductor....he only called on "worthy" jws, with an intelligence level high enough, called on maybe one child a meeting.

• baker
    baker
    I am amused at the assembly when I use to go and see all the magazines and phamplets placed on all the seats even 10 minutes before start and no one around to claim the seats. I would just pick out 2 seats and remove the magazines and sit, usually no one would ever say anything...
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped

I was an attendant at a Memorial once and saved myself a seat for my duties, and to have a place to come back to when it started. Someone moved my books and almost hid them. I had nowhere to sit and no books. I should have disassociated then. They were some of the proudest people. Bunch of narcissists in one place.

• fokyc
    fokyc

YES!

I paid cash for 3 chairs when new ones were required in the KH.

I didn't get a refund when I was DF'd

I hope they wear out soon!

• hoser
    hoser

I was at one congregation where a hard assed ex CO moved in as an elder. He locked the second school so that the people that regularly sat there had to sit in the main auditorium. It backfired on him because some who sat in the back room just stopped attending the meetings .

I like moving around a lot from meeting to meeting. It pisses off a lot of people when you are sitting in their spot and I find that amusing.

• bats in the belfry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit