She was a fine sister

by silentlambs 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

bringing this up to the top. this story is now posted on the website www.silentlambs.org

• Moxy
    Moxy

how do these directives from the Pay Attn book relate, SL? i have never heard you mention them

p 111

Strong circumstantial evidence, such as pregnancy or evi-
    dence (testified to by at least two witnesses) that the
    accused stayed all night in the same house with a person of
    the opposite sex (or in the same house with a known
    homosexual ) under improper circumstances, is acceptable.

If there are two or three witnesses to the same kind of
    wrongdoing but each one is witness to a separate incident,
    their testimony can be considered.

Such evidence may be used to establish guilt, but it is
    preferable to have two witnesses to the same occurrence
    of wrongdoing.

mox

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Silentlambs,

To say that I’m shocked, disgusted , indignated, and very, very
    sad about you story does not convey enough. Our Creator will bring vengeance and
    justice to all those poor victims. As to the factual part, I do agree with Francoise
    words…” make these thing public, bring out the names ..” and make all those in the
    WTS responsible, pay for it !!!

Take courage in your battle for justice,

Agape, J.C.MacHislopp

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

moxy,
    i usually do not respond to misinformation or setup questions when people really do not desire an answer. i think most of the victims could answer your question without hesitation. i have responded to the issue in about everything i have written as well as my website. to act like i haven't appears you are not seeking a sincere answer but trying to raise questions that have already clearly been addressed as if it presents some kind of problem. as an elder for many years and after having recently discussed this very matter with wt legal as well as wt service in a matter involving child molestation i feel i can offer a competent response to your question if you really want an answer, if not, the answer will serve to help others who may not know of this issue.
    the answer,
    one witness matters only apply to very current events. if you read the entire page 111 of the ks you will find that to be the case. on repeated occasions in the ks and the publications you will find the "two witness" to each event rule consistently applies. consider smoking, if two people caught you smoking in the same week, yes that could possibly establish a judicial committee. each witness would have to be dead certain of what they saw with no wavering. if two witnesses caught you smoking a month apart or six months or a year, no way will a committee be formed. this applies to adultery, fornication, stealing, and about any other sin. the 11-95 wt clarifies this with regard to recollections of child molestation, going further by saying in the event of a repressed memory two or three people who recalled molestation in the face of denial would not be considered credible to set up a judicial committee. perhaps the most convincing evidence are the many victims who have had just that happen to them when they came forward. did you read the story that started this thread???? a classic example. i have heard of cases of as many as 60 "witness children" being molested, with many coming forward and page 111 being used to say they could not take action because two witnesses to the same event were required. for wt to indicate otherwise would be a welcome change of a wt policy that is part of my protest. for wt to act like this was their policy all along is a blatant bald faced lie and is an insult to all the victims who were treated otherwise.
    does that answer your question?

• Oletta
    Oletta

Yep sounds familiar these stories pop up every time and these poor victims are left feeling as if somehow it is all their fault.

my sister killed herself after many years of self harm , firstly she was raped by a 'spiritual brother' and then because there was no two witnesses, it was not to be pursued, my sister ended up in institutions, on an array of drugs, ended up in a relationship with another sister who was molested by her family member, then when this relationship fell apart, my mother ( a narcissist of the meanest kind) got involved , let my sister know she would never be able to live a successful without her ( mums help huh yeah right) and my sister took her last handful of pills. She died a broken person, I hate Jehovah's Witnesses, JW.Org, Watchtower Bible Tract Society, they are an evil cult that play with your mind .

my heart goes out to all the broken souls out there who have rubbed shoulders with Jehovah's Witnesses

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Tanks for bring this post forward again. It is what I have bern trying to say. Very timely with what has been going on with threads recently. I am so sorry for your sister. This has got to stop. To many children are being hurt, it's not a topic for debate.

LITS

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Also reading stories like this makes me more determined than ever to never stop speaking out, no matter how much onea like Landy and ones like him swear at, belittle, and put me down. I will never stop.

Evil prevails when people do nothing.

LITS

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Our sister was reproved for being molested and to add insult to injury she was not allowed to discuss the matter with anyone in the congregation to protect the “good” reputation of the pedophile.

Where did this happen? In Saudi Arabia?

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

mommy - Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny...."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense,you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

Of course, this also applies to what Carl Sagan said. Right?

• Landy
    Landy

Hi Oletta - interesting first post. Welcome to the site, pop over to the introductions section and say hello.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit