2015 November 19, BOE! Circuit Account Balances!

by Atlantis 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

At our recent ca this letter (or possibly one very similar) was read out when the financial statement was presented to the whole assembly. Earlier, in the elders meeting, there was a lot of thinly disguised hostility towards it - elders have learned from what has happened in their own congregations after sending all of their money in. As a result, although a large donation was sent, sufficient was retained to fully fund 2 or 3 more assemblies - they said they were going to be very cautious about how much was sent.

SF

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Not sure why, but for me in Canada, that doesn't sound like a new thing at all. It even bothered me a little as early as the 90s when I was still in. There was always just ONE contribution box at the assemblies and on Saturdays, they made announcements that sounded like this:

"From the previous assembly, we had an excess of 2,000$, from this money, we donated 1,200$ to the world wide work. We now have a balance 800$."

Back then, I was thinking: Why not just keep it until you reach a decent amount like 8,000 dollars (the average cost of one assembly).

So, if I get this right, now, they are making it a rule that is even more greedy and needs to be enforced by all the Circuits. Will they now make such announcements at the conventions?

"From the previous assembly, we had an excess of 2,000$. So, we donated it all to the Watchtower. We now have a balance of 0$"

I think all this will backfire on them as people giving too much will start giving less trying to hit the expense amount right on the nail.

• PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix

It's called management accounting. To look at an example of a Statement of Profit and Loss click here.

Notice on page 3 of the SP&L it says budget in WT's case target. When they come to the actual they will be able to see whether they were on/above/below target. It's essentially called budgeting

• truthlover
    truthlover

Why is the link for download showing me it is locked??

• Mephis
    Mephis
    £640,000 in cash in the accounts of just the two closest assembly halls to me here in Britain. It'll add up. Of course, when the next time the plumbing fails and a major refit needs to be done, I'm sure it won't be the local brothers who'll have to contribute to make it right again...
  • clarity
    clarity

"'They will throw their silver into the streets, and their gold will be treated as a thing unclean. Their silver and gold will not be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath. It will not satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs, for it has caused them to stumble into sin ...Ezk 7:19

They batted this one around before the 1975 fleecing!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit