2015 November 19, BOE! Circuit Account Balances!

by Atlantis 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Someone's getting greedy. It's a slippery slope.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

I remember as a youngster we were told to be careful picking out greeting cards that said "best wishes."

My, how things are changing!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Brothers we are asking for all this money from your circuits, not because we need the money, no, far from it, you brothers have donated more than we could expect. That is not the reason. It's because we have so much money that we want more. That and our Monthly GB trips to Las Vegas! We are gonna pull that inside strait one of these days!

Your Christian Brothers, bla bla bla
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    "In view of the foregoing, a standing resolution should be presented at the next circuit business meeting." REALLY! SHOULD THAT BE MADE? Just go on ahead and make automatic an vote that everyone agree to this none sense clause?#! And that all excess funds be donated to the world wide work? OK if that's what you want Jim. Because it really seems to me that in the times past that we would hang on to this and carry it forward for our benifiet, for the friends. But if you insist, then we will send it to the www. Does this really make any sense? No it does not! Any anyone who is truly awake will see it! But unfortunately the only ones who are truly awake are the ones who are one this network...
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Wow. This is going to raise a few eyebrows!

This has been the SOP in our circuit for over 20 years. I guess some of the smarter Assm Overseers were hanging on to too much and Mother is smacking their wrists.

Doc

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

And they have the nerve to say they recognise the financial hardship people are under.

Instead of surplus funds offset the costs of the next assembly (including the extortionate hall usage fees) the account gets set to zero each time.

The dubs that contribute are putting money into the WWW (aka Bethel coffers) 3 times... directly at the hall, surplus KH funds and now surplus circuit funds. As to how many realise it is another question.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Brilliant, Atlantis - many thanks once again!

• Zoos
    Zoos
    If the total circuit funds at the end of the assembly exceed the target balance, the excess should be donated to the worldwide work.

If they are mandating that the excess money be handed over, how can they call it a donation?

Isn't if just ... uhm, a fee?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    There is NOTHING "voluntary" about these "donations"!
  • under the radar
    under the radar

Does their greed know no end?

i predict that in the not distant future there will be articles encouraging individuals to donate their "excess funds" to the World Wide Work. Something like, "We are hearing of brothers who are donating all their excess property and funds and planning to live out their remaining days in this system sharing in the ministry. What a fine example for those who have more than they really need." There will be talks about how "unrighteous riches" in trust funds, savings and retirement accounts, and the like, could be put to better use by donating them to the Society. That shows that one is trusting in Jehovah and storing up treasures in heaven instead of trusting in one's self and storing up riches on earth. Far better to give everything to them than leave to it to worldly relatives who might squander it or use it to support immoral lifestyles.

Basically, this letter directs the circuits to live hand to mouth and essentially plan to run out of money just before the next assembly. Then the begging can start all over. And this is on top of their rigging the contribution and expense announcements by front loading the expenses with a pre-determined contribution to the Society. It's duplicitous and deceitful, to say the least. I call it a shameless scam.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit