Juneteenth

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It’s no longer regional since it’s also a federal holiday.

I am perplexed as to why they would come up with and be proud of this word. It sounds like something an uneducated person might say. When were you born?? On Juneteenth. Huh??

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Here in the UK, so far we've escaped the latest Faux Marxist bollox....and long may it last.

Virtue signalling, insincere nonsense and you can keep it. What about other slaves from other ethinicities? Exactly! It's all insincere!

The only emancipation from slaveship is me escaping the jobo cult.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I think celebrating the emancipation of slaves is a good thing for Americans to do.

It certainly beats all the crappy SJW talk of reparations and sh1t like that. #NoReparations

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha
    Virtue signalling, insincere nonsense and you can keep it. What about other slaves from other ethinicities? Exactly! It's all insincere!

I would think a national holiday for the end of slavery in the U.S.A. would only concern the people they enslaved. It was overwhelming passed by Congress regardless of political affiliation. I think the distaste for a group of people is causing the anger.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If people celebrated Juneteenth then I hope they had a good one.

Pity IKEA didn't. Its Atlanta branch came under fire for putting fried chicken and watermelon on its menu. No, I ain't joking, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka3N-EjdIZE

• minimus
    minimus

As a white male I love fried chicken and watermelon. I hope that doesn’t mean anything negative

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    min - As a white male I love fried chicken and watermelon. I hope that doesn’t mean anything negative

I don't like watermelon that much.

What I can tell you, is the perpetually offended will look for any excuse to shout out an 'ism'.

It's getting ridiculous now. It seems to be turning into a bit of an industry for the bed wetting, twitter slobs that live in their mother's back bedroom. I sense very little sincerity with these virtue signallers.

Politicians are using it thinking it will increase popularity. Corporations are using hoping to make profit. Both are not reading the populous very well.

Obviously, there is more nuance than that, but you get my drift, methinks.

.......anyway. What was Juneteenth again?

• minimus
    minimus

Punk, always clear and to the point!👍

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

As a white male I love fried chicken and watermelon. I hope that doesn’t mean anything negative

So do I. And there we go, engaging in "cultural" appropriation again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit