Movies over the Weekend?

by sandy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• sandy
    sandy

Did anybody take in any movies recently or over the weekend?

I saw Identity and I give it two thumbs up?

• Angharad
    Angharad

We took the kids to see Jungle Book 2 a couple of weeks ago - was pretty good and kids enjoyed it

There lots out at the moment I'd like to go and see but not got a local babysitter !

• Celia
    Celia

I rented "old" movies, that I had not seen in years. Amadeus and Dave and also Cider House Rules.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

LB recommended "Blue Crush." It was exactly what I thought it would be, chicks in bikinis in a surfing competition and I give it a thumbs up, way up.

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Yup - took our daughter and a friend to see 10 ways to lose a guy - great film...watch out fellas LOL Mrs NW

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

The Transporter!!!!!!!!!!

Hot guy, hot stunts and driving and little to no sex.

The actor who is the lead:

JASON STATHAM (Frank) made his on-screen debut in the highly successful British film "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels," directed by Guy Ritchie. Shortly after, he teamed again with Ritchie on the gangster film "Snatch," as boxing promoter Turkish. The film also starred Brad Pitt and Benicio Del Toro.

Statham recently co-starred in the action sci-fi thriller "The One" opposite Jet Li, and also starred alongside "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" cast member Vinnie Jones in "The Mean Machine." He currently is working on "The Italian Job," also starring Mark Wahlberg, Edward Norton and Charlize Theron.

Before acting, Jason earned recognition as a world-class diver. He was a member of the British national diving squad for ten years and participated in the 1988 Seoul, South Korea Olympics.

WoW!!! I usually only watch these types of movies (though I love ALIAS on ABC) because I can spend time with my husband. This movie was great. And not just being able to see a really hot guy taking his clothes off.

The driving and stunts were great.

I just loved it and would recommend it as a great action flick.

Website to check it out: http://www.transportermovie.com/home.html

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Thanks for the recommendation, Sandy!

I saw American Outlaws on cable. Very good I thought. I like Westerns though, especially about bad boys like Jesse James .

Last week we went on a movie marathon and saw: Chicago A+, Head of State C-, The Pianist A-.

• TheStar
    TheStar

Sandy,

I watched Identity also and I also give it two thumbs up, though I did feel it was a little slow at times... I was pleasantly surprised by the reality... that was awesome.

LOL @ Mega... Did you watch Possession? I did If you didn't, you must must see it.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Last Friday night I took the kids and a couple of their friends to see "Holes." GREAT MOVIE FOR KIDS AND ADULTS ALIKE!!!! It was a little too intense for Jackson (age 7), but the third-graders really enjoyed it. Most of Jennie's class had read the book before the movie came out so they were really excited to see it.

I give it two thumbs up!

Nina

• sandy
    sandy

TheStar - Re: Identity - I too was surprised at the plot twist. It was unexpected, at least for me. It kept me on the edge of my seat too. But I'm a big scardy-cat so that might not mean anything.

The weekend before last I saw Malibus Most Wanted. That was ok. I laughed a lot more in the second half of the movie. I give it a B.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit