Disfellowshipped for being complicit in someone else's sin - really?!

by Isambard Crater 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Steel
    Steel

Good god, I actually have to agree with elders here.

The waiting list for a health baby child to adopt is over 10 years in Canada and you can't adopt over 45. The sad reality is most childless couples won't get a child while 1 in 3 pregnancies gets flushed down the sink.

You don't need to aid in something like that.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

This really bothers me. As if it's everyone else's problem to supply babies to others.

I can't help but feel that cheapens life by commodifying it.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I posted a letter a long time ago about the decision someone made to have an abortion because of medical issues (baby was growing outside the womb which is always fatal to the fetus and without abortion nearly always fatal to the mother).

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/211911/way-they-probe-you-unbelievable

The person who had long tried to get pregnant got disfellowshipped, the father of this person got reproved and demoted from elder/pioneer because their daughter and son-in-law lived at their house during that time and they supported her decision.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Taking into consideration everyone's comments thus far,

My advice to the young lady who wrote in is:

You asked about Congregation action (elders)

If you want to go that route you will be at the mercy of 3 elders and their opinions that will probably vary wildly, if they vote to disfellowship you, you will have the right to appeal which will mean another Judicial Committee,

You always have the option to leave of course,

Either way you will be shunned, apparently you aready have an outside network of friends, this will help,

On the other hand, depending on your father and others, the whole thing could blow over,

I think you should not put off decisions regarding you and Jehovah's Witnesses any longer, as issues like this are going to come up again at any time,

Finally, what you did here in regard to your friend was yours, and your decision alone, and personally I applaud you,

:0)

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I wrote my comments in second person however the original post was written in regard to a friend,

I hope that our comments may be useful in helping your friend,

:0)

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Sure it could happen. They have categories of sin they can drop a lot of things into, i.e. "loose conduct". She could probably deflect the action by "repenting" or simply stating she disapproved of the action and was there to try and discourage the abortion right up to the last minute.

• fulano
    fulano

Crater, tell your friend not to worry. Even if the fools would start an investigation and committee, let her just appeal and she will be found not guilty.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

How did anyone find out that she'd done this? If it came from the daughter herself then she really is quite stupid.

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

It's a small town where everybody knows everything.

We all became friends after attending depression and anxiety counselling together a few years ago.

All this emotionally damaging trauma created by the Father and Elders is the last thing any of us need, but the straw and rafter really does apply to this Organization.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Since god was complicit when Adam sinned, shouldn't he be df'ed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit