Noah's Ark : A structure that could never have been built in Noah's day

by RULES & REGULATIONS 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    Waton, you might try to call on the Ents to revenge that timber. I think it is a cool testimony and kind of giving the finger to atheism and marxism
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    I love to visit the Kentucky ark if I ever get to that part of the world although they say it is quite expensive. The story is obviously a myth but cool nevertheless

I hear it's all themed. They even have a simulated Jonah and the Whale watching tour and they say the $9.99 all you can eat Last Supper buffet is to die for.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Is there anything left to take literally?

Proverbs 21:9, 19 ... seem objectively and literally true.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Were you there??

NO

Then you do not know what you're talking about!!!!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Interesting.. I change one of my double posts and it changes the other... same ID ref there..

Hi post below

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Interesting.. I change one of my double posts and it changes the other... same ID ref there..

Hi post below

• TD
    TD

Some things require an explanation and others shimmer in the air all by themselves....

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5664018367774720/owners-noahs-ark-replica-file-lawsuit

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Athenaeus gives a detailed description of a very large warship, built by Ptolemy Philopator (c. 244– - 205 BC). It was 420 feet long, 57 feet wide, and 72 feet high to the top of her gunwale.

This ship approximates the size of Noah's Ark described in Genesis.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Reasoning I've heard by some believing folks:

If Jehovah could part the red sea in two, he could take care of all the engeneering issues that comes with building a ship this size.

In short: MIracle! Jehovah kept the boat afloat and the animals alive.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Jesus can do it all, but we must ask did he. It is frankly irrelevant if the flood story happened as such, as it most likely represents actual judgment for sin in times past. I often think of leviticus 26:19 (sky as iron, ground as bronze) as an interpretation key to the exaggerated Ane symbolism of the prophets. When your or your society's world falls apart, it feels like a cosmic event, be it Noah's world, Rome's or ours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit