Is there a new Date by the Watchtower for the End of System?

by William Penwell 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Not sure if this topic has being covered recently.

My son asked me a question if the JW's have in the recent months being pushing a new end date to the system?

He was telling me about how his mother has being on him again about the urgency of the end of this system of things and he needs to do something ASAP. I told him I am not aware of any new dates as I have being away from the cult for over 20 years. His mother is a real nut, so who knows maybe its all in her head.....

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

I sure hope they aren’t. We could find dozens of their articles condemning any JW that serves Jehovah for a date and an end.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Some people believe the Watchtower was hinting at 2034.

Click and scroll down for scans

Atlantis!
  • john.prestor
    john.prestor

A while back in a morning worship talk Kenneth Flodin hinted at 2040, if you can find the clip you should watch it, he almost smirks right he says it watch his lips.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Give credit to john.prestor cause I am busy with a slice of pizza!

This Generation

At the 5-minute mark, Flodin says:

“When our current understanding first came out, some quickly speculated. They said, “Well, what if a person in his forties was anointed in 1990? He would then be a part of the second group of this generation. Theoretically, he could live into his eighties. Does that mean this old system is going to continue, possibly till 2040? Well, indeed that was speculative. And, ah, Jesus…remember he said that we weren’t supposed to find a formula of the time of the end. In Matthew 24:36, just two verses later—two verses later—he said, “concerning that day and hour, nobody knows.”

“And even if the speculation is a possibility, there’d be very few in that category. And consider this significant point: There’s nothing, nothing, in Jesus’ prophecy that suggests those in the second group alive at the time of the end would all be old, decrepit and close to death. There’s no reference to age.”

“Well, Jesus said simply that this generation would all pass away…would not all pass away… before he comes to full kingly power…our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, Jesus’ prophecy could reach its culmination this year and be absolutely accurate. Not all of the second group of this generation would have passed away.”

Here Flodin mildly rebukes the reasoning that some use to set an upper limit to the length of the generation, terminating in 2040. ‘This is speculative’, he says. This appears like reasonable thinking, but then he immediately undermines his own logic when he next says, “even if the speculation is a possibility, there’d be very few in that category.”

What are we to take from that?

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/pub-jwbmw_201511_3_VIDEO

Atlantis!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Historically, apocalyptic groups kind of need to occasionally "date-set" in order to maintain internal momentum and bring in new recruits (to replace exiters).

Problem with the WTS, though, is that its numerous failed dates are too well known for them to be able to get away with it anymore... the tactic is long past its "sell-by" limit.

The result is apathy and stagnation.

• waton
    waton
    "what if a person in his forties was anointed in 1990? t---Theoretically, he could live into his eighties. Does that mean this old system is going to continue, possibly till 2040? Well, indeed that was speculative. --Flodin, Beroeans as linked by Atlantis,

Splane was basing his generation explanation on Franz who was in his early 20s in 1914. and was not limiting his forecast to 80 year old senior partakers, but mentioned anointed older than Franz, the super centenarians., which would add 20+20 years to Flodin's effort, taken us, by using official wt personell's words 2040+40 ~ AD 2075. a nice centennial.

• waton
    waton
    Well, Jesus said simply that this generation would all pass away…would not all pass away… before he comes to full kingly power…our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, Jesus’ prophecy could reach its culmination this year and be absolutely accurate. Not all of the second group of this generation would have passed away.” Florin according to Atlantis link.

Here is shown the total bunk bankruptcy of wt doctrinal doctoring.

1) Yes, Jesus said "This generation would not pass away--" so it can not possibly be the anointed generation because it will pass away, go to heaven before the end.
    2) Yes, Jesus said "This generation will not pass away until--", so it will pass away, die off, meaning it can not possibly be the Other Sheep, survivors, who are supposed to be the belated "millions that will never die" , never pass away.

3) when Jesus comes in full kingdom power,( as Florin said) meaning Armageddon and the millennium, all the second group of anointed will have to have passed away, unlike Florins assertion.

The wt doctrine of the anointed generation is so bad, it is not even wrong. (to use W. Pauli appropriate words)

not endorsing just commenting.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Once again they don't know, that is why the new song "Just around the Corner" is so popular... its a hook song, find it in any talk being given presently....

So much for a direct line to the heavens.. if a prophet speaks in the name of God and the prophecy does not come on time, that prophet is a liar -- sound about right?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Soon. Very, very soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit