The position of Christ in the Godhead

by JW Answers 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

What is your views on Christ?

Do you hold to the view that Christ and the Father are the same person?

Do you hold to the view that Jesus is a lesser god than the Father?

Or do you believe that Christ is equal to the Father and also God?

Click below to watch latest video on this subject?

#Trinity #Godhead #DeityofChrist #bible

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

the very title suggest a false trinity teaching...I never believed that even before I ever heard of JW

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The thoughts conveyed in this video align with my thoughts on who the historical Jesus was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2DbsuzTt6g

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

God: The entity that is going to have us all enslaved under the most miserable conditions possible.

Jesus: The archetype of the perfect slave. This is needed to provide us a template of what they want us to follow right into that end.

Holy [sic] spirit: The force leading us into enslavement and preventing us from escaping this global fate.

The end result is the loss of all freedom, happiness, and fulfillment on a global level, forever, and ultimately all souls being tortured by this thing they call god, following jesus as their role model with the holy [sic] spirit leading the whole earth under Noahide Law.

• Gman2001
    Gman2001

Jesus is God just as his father is God...same nature..differing roles.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

New Testament scholar James McGrath explaining that Jesus is not God according to the New Testament authors

https://youtu.be/xhDLhZjWxrQ

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I am posting these thoughts here for those of you who think Jesus is God

John 10:30 " I and the Father are ONE."

John 17:21 so that they may all be ONE , just as you Father, are in UNION with me and I am in UNION with you, that they also may be in UNION with us, so the the world may believe that you sent me.....23 I in UNION with them and you in UNION with me.....

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female, for YOU are all ONE in UNION with Christ Jesus.

The point of bringing out these scriptures is if you believe that Jesus is God Almighty because he says they are ONE or that he says he is in UNION with God, then by extention of that reasoning, all who have faith in Jesus would be GOD.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@SBF - Universities are full of people with PhD’s that try to discredit orthodox Christian beliefs. Dr. McGrath is just one of many. Surprise, surprise - he no longer believes the bible is inerrant, nor does he believe Jesus is coming back even though that is exactly what Jesus said he would do and what other scriptures clearly read.

“Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.” - Acts 1: 11

McGrath is just another heretic. They had them in the first century, and we have them now.... nothing new under the sun.

• RolRod
    RolRod

Jesus is the Son of God, created by God

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@Rolrod

That is heresy.

“The Son is of the Father alone, not made, nor created, but begotten” (The Athanasian Creed, verse 22).

According to the Bible, and to the ancient creeds of Christianity, the Son of God is eternal. There was never a time when He did not exist. God did not create Jesus.

John 1:1–3 says, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit