knock knock

by Sabin 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sabin
    Sabin

If JW`s come knocking at your door, do you open it & engage in conversation, tell them to sod off, or just not answer the door?

My husband`s has asked me not to answer the door to them if he isn't here? He hate`s the fact that they make a point of calling when they know he will be at work.

I just wondered what you do or say to them & how you feel when you see them?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I tell them I at one time walked with you but I found the truth, thank you and

have a good day. Surprisingly the older ones will ask,"what happen" and

they tell me there have been many changes since you left. The young never

know what to say.LOL

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I just tell them I'm not interested. Then I get disappointed with myself because I failed to give an anti-witness.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Depends.

If it's women or a couple with young kids I will open the door and share my experience. If it's elder looking men I tell them through the door I'm not interested.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator
    I don't answer at all. I've already wasted enough of my time with them.
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

1. I will always ask them how they became Christians

2. I share my testimony how Christ saved me.

3. Many options are open to me from here since I've shared the gospel through my testimony...but one effective one is to say that I could never become a JW. When they ask why, I can say that I don't believe their religion is biblical. When they ask for specifics I can ask questions like the following:

Is it biblical to say that the 144,000 were numerically complete in 1935? (No we don't believe that anymore). But you taught that for over 70 years...so how was this determined from the Bible? Oh you mean it was just the speculation of men?

Is it biblical to say that the Great Crowd of other sheep in Revelation 7 began being called before 1940? (???) See page 125 of Revelation: Its Grand Climax at Hand

How do you know this? Is 1935 in the Bible? How was this info conveyed to your leaders?

Is it biblical to say that the sounding of the 7 trumpets introduced in Revelation 8 got underway at a Bible Student convention in Cedar Point, Ohio in 1922? (???) See page 172 of Revelation: Its Grand Climax at Hand

How do you know this? Is this in the Bible?

Is it biblical to say that the apostle Peter went to heaven in 1918? (???)See page 274 of Revelation: Its Grand Climax at Hand

How do you know this? Do you know that from the Bible?

Is it biblical to say that Jesus concluded an investigative judgment in 1918 and as a result rejected every church on earth with the exception of your organization? (???)

How do you know this? Is this in the Bible?

Is it biblical to say that Jesus appointed a Faithful and Discrete Slave in Brooklyn New York in 1919?

(???)

How do you know this? Is this in the Bible? What were the names of those selected ones? On what grounds were they selected? Do you know what the Bible Students were teaching and practicing in 1919? Wasn't Pastor Russell being proclaimed as the Faithful and Wise Servant at the time...etc. etc.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I check to see if I still have enough tape and plastic sheets.

Image result for dexter's table pics

• username
    username

I think I'm down as a "do not call" considering the hell I gave my previous elders, I kinda feel they have a bit of a dislike for me lol

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

What I have decided to do, is just ask them to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait ......, but never actually get back to them, leave the door ajar, to keep them in expectation of my return, keeps them from pestering others for a short while.

After all this organization wasted a lot of my time.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    They always knock, never ring the bell. My first comment is obviously you cannot read the sign it clearly states "Absolutely No Soliciting" in red posted next to the door bell. They always respond back we are not selling anything. Look I am very busy I work from home thus I really need to get back to work. And the last one that ever called one me I just looked at him and said if you really want to help find me about 5 husbands to handle all the bloody things I do not have time to get done as a single mom. You know I never saw them again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit