Accepting the reason why the Watchtower Corporation and its top leaders are endeavored to brainwash people

by Rocketman123 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Quite simply, the constant, neverending conditioning is required because it’s the only thing that’ll override...

a) ...simple observation...

b) ...genuinely authentic evidence, and...

c) ...basic fucking common sense.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

True Vidiot

Constant repetitive mental conditioning involving ignorance and fear which upholds and manifests a delusion, as we are with Jehovah his chosen ones so we will not be killed by him and live forever in a earthly paradise.

• dozy
    dozy

There does seem to be something of a step change in recent years - even recent months during Covid.

Even I was surprised at the latest broadcasts. They have a woman (the wife of a "helper to the GB" ) talking about how she "donated her last $50 and received "blessings". Another talked about going through a hard time and suddenly getting an envelope with "exactly to the cent the money she needed" . And a host of other similar interviews. That's straight out of the playbook of the "TV Evangelist" preachers whom the Society were so critical of in the 1980s & 90s. I've honestly never seen or heard anything quite as explicit in 40 odd years observing the Borg as a JW & ex-JW.

It seems almost every interviewee , from Grunt "Rank & File" publisher level to high ups in the Society has to break down almost into tears about "how loving the GB / FADS are , "how marvelous Jehovah's organisation has been to me" or "how obviously Jehovah's spirit is operative". And always produced with an accompanying over the top emotional music in the background , like some novice Youtube video creator who has just discovered how to dub a background track.

There seems to be a desperate lack of corporate self awareness , accountability or objectivity. It reminds me of the MLM / pyramid conference and promotional video presentations you can see online.

Its very , very manipulative - custom-designed to condition people. And its getting worse.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Another talked about going through a hard time and suddenly getting

an envelope with "exactly to the cent the money she needed"

Good grief they are turning into TV evangelists.

Whats next asking people to put their hands on their computer tablets to receive a blessing or cure from an ailment.

Disturbing !

Money gouging manipulative sickos

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    dozy - "There seems to be a desperate lack of corporate self awareness, accountability or objectivity."

Like I keep saying...

...shit like that's an easy habit to fall into when you're convinced God whispers in your ear, and you surround yourself solely with individuals who are never allowed to disagree with you.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

like that's an easy habit to fall into when you're convinced God whispers in your ear.

......and that in itself is a reason to beware of someone who claims such a thing, JWS or otherwise

• TD
    TD

I don't know how many remember this thread:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/195895/thought-control-simple-test-jws

The answers from JW's were quite striking

• Earnest
    Earnest

I remember that thread, TD, and fail to understand the difficulty in accepting the obvious inconsistency. Even now I fail to understand the insistence that Russell was right about 1914 when it requires such convoluted justification as overlapping generations to keep it above water.

You mention the book "1984" by George Orwell in your previous thread and I do wonder about those who are so certain about other forms of Christianity and even evolution when I consider your comment :

Jehovah's Witnesses don't appreciate this at all and vigorously deny it, but a lingering question remains: If you were no longer the master of your own mind, would you actually be aware of it? How would you even know?

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Hierarchical authoritarianism is active in the JWS religion from the men at the top position and was at one time only one person such as when J Rutherford was in charge.

These men postulated that they were being directed by god's holy spirit which made their bible interpretations accurately correct and righteous, putting question or debate to their interpretations would to their condemnation be an act against god himself, as being an evil opposer.

In other words oppose them and you oppose god himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit