The memorial beauty pageant

by BlackWolf 28 Replies latest jw friends

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Jookbeard, I say go for it.

Also think the teapot could work as a literature briefcase, I mean they're only tracts anymore...

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

SIAR2, wow just checked our pioneercloset. It's on Instagram and it's heavy on polka dots and florals, all in an ugly midcalf length.

My skirts were always mid-knee or above back in the 1980s and if I remember correctly, knee-length was acceptable then. Mine were only slightly short, but this halfway to the floor stuff is just ugly!

Witness fashion has definitely gone downhill.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    What's always been funny to me, is that there would always be those girls who weren't really JWs but their family was and they would show up dressed like it was a night club. Then the JW girls would be wearing a tiara and dress that goes to the ankles. You can guess which ones got more attention from the boys LOL
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey, it's not just the sisters that spend hours getting gorgeous for the Memorial...

I had to take off the new suit jacket because I sweat profusely when the temperature in the Kingdumb Haul is above 61F (16C). Talk about hotness!

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf

JW Rogue I know a couple of girls like that, super tight skirt with fishnets, tons of makeup, super high heels. Theres this one girl that used to be my friend and she always dressed like a goth hooker lol. But that was before she went totally crazy and now she's dating a guy twice her age. Her family left our Cong and never came back, probably disfellowshipped now. They were definitely the most disfunctional family I've ever met.

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf
    Lol!! :) I love the hairdo!!
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    JW Rogue I know a couple of girls like that, super tight skirt with fishnets, tons of makeup, super high heels.

And everyone trying to be so nice, encouraging them to come back to the KH. If they ever did come back though the story would change real quick.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'll say it again--the 2 best outfits for the Memorial are:

1. Full Easter regalia--bonnet, lace gloves, big flowery skirt, white shoes, basket full of colored eggs
    2. Full funeral regalia--black hat and veil, black dress, black hose--after all, it's an observance of death!
  • stephanie61092
    stephanie61092
    It's so very true. I would do it for the memorial, conventions and assemblies. I always had to have a new dress, and I would always go the extra mile with hair and make up. It was the most fun part of these events. It's funny to look back now at how hypocritical I was. I used to mock people who only showed up for the memorial in that they were no better than worldly people who only went to church on Easter. But I was the same as a religious worldly person on Easter, with buying a brand new memorial dress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit