Do JWs Really Bother You?

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

In reality my experience with the Witnesses is that they really don't bother me or bother with me which suits me just fine....Are you "bothered" by the Witnesses at this point of your life?

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Depends on if you're in the group or had the misfortune of being born into it. If so, their nonsense can be quite bothersome.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I have been out since 1987, recently a family member(not a JW) in her 30 's ask a JW family member, what is the problem (referring to the shunning of me)...The JW member told her, he(me) knows what he needs to do. The young family member ask," and what is that he needs to do"??JW family member, "he needs to apologize and ask forgiveness...My niece (who was too young when all this mess begin) ask apologize to who, and it has been over 30 years and he is not coming back..So this is why the family is separated ask my niece???JW family member, yes he is the reason the family is split.........

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Do JWs Really Bother You?

I enjoy watching JW`s compete for "sign space" on sidewalks,

with homeless people..

............................................................."The Homeless Guy Says."

............................................................."You Hit Him With a Watchtower."
    Image result for Homeless person with sign..Image result for Jehovah's witness literature cart

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I wish I could say they don't, but when I see JWs that I used to know, I can't help but get worked up. It still feels weird for me, I do foresee it getting better in time but maybe professional help is in order..... certainly the religion has fucked with my psyche. It's a vile cult and my despise for it cannot be overstated.

• minimus
    minimus

He needs to apologize. That is classic

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I go to meetings now and again. I am now at the stage of past caring. I just keep my views to myself. I do what I want and take each individual (witness/non witness) as they come. I can't be bothered getting worked up over them at this stage of my life.

I would however like to see the GB brought to account for their more damaging policies and erroneous teachings that have impacted negatively on the lives of many many people earth wide.

• Mikh
    Mikh

No, then again I have not had nearly the level of experiences many people on this site have. Even so, reading about such experiences and the wealth of information on this site and others has helped me understand my own limited experience even better, and maybe what I avoided in the long run.

Looking at FS itself, I remember when I was a kid it was much more common to have witnesses come to our door. Now, it seems that with cart witnessing FS has become less intrusive towards the general population.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Strangely WT apologists bother me more than actual JWs these days, especially ones that have never been a JW.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I hardly ever see them and I have yet to see a cart in my area.Is the D2D work slackening off ?

Admittedly I`m in a small community of about 6000 people ,which grows to about 60000 in peak holiday times.

If I remember rightly their used to be about 80 publishers at the local KH ,I dont know what it is now ,I must find out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit