When did the Brothers/Sisters, make you feel UNLOVED,WORTHLESS?

by Fruitcake 35 Replies latest jw friends

• fairy
    fairy

i posted this when i first joined and it is still one of the most degrading things i have ever experienced, (there are others) - where is the love for one another they profess to have for one another? it sure ain't at the kingdom hall.

"i remember when i was a teenager turning up at the kingdom hall one morning to go out witnessing and i was on my own and the group was just about ready to go out, and the brother who was taking the group said..."now, who wants to go out with linda".......and as i looked around, not one person put their hand up...how degrading that was for me."

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

Thanks Chris, glad you're far away from that clique.

well, best shut up,and let you all post,, thanks....

fruitcake-of-the-Burger-King-makes-me-sad-affliction......

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I had a simalar experience chrisvance, I would have left but so many elders/JW couldnt make up their mind if they wanted my gay arse or wanted me out >:) So I decided for them .. I have never looked back.

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

Linda,that was horrible,,,, is this High School Gym Class, or God's People? Sheesh.....horrible!!! I was the last one unchosen for gym teams and had to just stand there, wanting to die.... well....I better let you all post now...

• nilfun
    nilfun

Afer my parents divorced, money was veeery tight
    and as a result, many of our clothes would come from
    "charity bags" - you know, those big black trash bags
    filled with donated clothing. One evening at the KH,
    I wore a sweater Mom had gotten for me from the charity bag.
    This wonderful JW sashayed up to me, burst out laughing
    and then announced loud enough for other people to hear,

"Oh wow! That used to be my sweater! I see you guys
    have been rooting through the give-aways again!
    Ha ha ha ha!"

As she walked away I said quietly, "No wonder it's so
    huge." My little sister giggled to show her solidarity,
    but I went home from the meeting feeling sad and deflated.

~

A JW once looked down at me, wrinkled her nose with disgust
    and told me, "I don't know why your mother bothered
    having so many kids. That was really dumb." Of course, this only worsened my childhood belief
    that I probably should have never been born.

~

Having to listen to the elders make fun of my
    brothers, calling them "sissies" and putting
    them down because Mom could not afford to buy
    suit coats for them. It got to the point where
    the elders refused to assign my grade-school age brothers
    any parts unless they wore a suit.

(Up to that point my little brothers had given all their talks in a tie and sweater vest.)

So my mother did without, saved up and bought some material
    and made them their suits herself.

Of course, this didn't stop the elders from continuing to
    publicly humiliate them with their name-calling.

~

There's much, much more, but I think I'll stop now. Revisting those times is a bit too much for me right now.

We were treated like so much rubbish by those elders. They were directly responsible for the "beginning of the end" of meeting attendence for my brothers.

Making fun of children...yeah those elders were real tough guys.

• Gopher
    Gopher

And people wonder why there are so many complaints against Jehovah's Witnesses on this site??

It's because the JW's continually wave that scripture around "by this all will know you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves" as if they actually were applying this!! But experiences from around the world show that there is a major psychological problem among the JW's, and instead of love it's all about appearances in their organization.

People's feelings be damned.

Fruitcake, your thread has really hit a nerve -- and rightfully so.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

That is such a sad story,,,,,,,,it really made me feel so upset for the way you were treated.

Makes me think of the scripture.........."By their fruits you will know them"......... that is sooooo true, lack of love for one,,,,,,,,,and lack of any kind of manners whatsoever.

I mean ,,,,,,,, I have always taught my kids,,,,,as my mother taught me, NEVER eat in front of anyone, if you do, SHARE, or bring enough for ALL. What coldhearted bastards in that car group makes me sick.

You know many people pioneered and suffered for it,,,,,,,doing just enough work to make some of the ends meet, while thinking that it was their life and the life of others on the line if they didnt make room for pioneering.

I saw so many people suffer trying to be pioneers, doing without food, doing without a good running car, and even not having proper clothing, ,,, it was always sad to see ones who I know were just doing what they felt was the most important thing on the earth to do,,,,,,,preach.

That is what makes me so mad,,,,,,,,,,,,,the WT in all their fine palaces, I mean Headquarters are not in want of anything. Yet it was the peddlers of the magazines that suffered,,,,,,,,like sweat shop workers for a $1 a day.

Well, Sister if you would have been in my car group , I would have bought you a hamburger,,,,,,,,a combo meal........drink , fries and all,,,,,,,,,even without you asking. Not to be braggin on myself, I am sure most everyone on this forum would have done the same thing,,,,,,, that is why we are out of JWnow,,,,,,,, everything they did just went agaisnt basic human love and understanding.

Many times, thru the years since we could not pioneer with our large family and responsibilites, hubby was an elder too,,,,,,, we always did what we could to help the pioneers out, having them over often for meals, several times a week sometimes, washing clothes, etc. We felt it was just a way since we couldnt pioneer to help someone who could and in the end we felt we were at least doing the right thing to help Jah's work get done. It is so sad to see the real truth now, the pioneers especially were nothing but salesman to line the pockets of the WT.

Oh and about the bag of clothes and what was said...................errrrrrrrrrrrrr

How RUDE!!!!!! I can not get over how awful some of you were treated,,,,,,,,,,, about the bag of clothes too,,,,,,, that was just hateful, and again,,,,,,total lack of manners.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Fruitcake, funny you should mention this. I recall something similarly.

It was thought of, by some brothers/sisters, that if they 'helped' a certain someone who was in-service that did not have much (food), they were NOT helping this person.

It was almost like, the old saying about 'man cannot live by bread alone' - was coming to fruition. But of course, in the worst possible ways.

Fruitcake, I do remember this only all too well. On a personal level....yes.

• kls
    kls

They were very nice (in their own way) when i was in ,but as soon as i stopped going they would give me dirty looks like i was the devil himself.That wasn't as bad but then my own husband started to treat me the same way.The insults,names,and the look that he just hated me were the worse.

• Hamas
    Hamas

On many occasions, but I remember one time :

I was out on the service with an elder and his cocky big headed son. I must have only been about 13 or 14 maybe, cant remember that well. I was wearing my 'Lumberjack Coat' my mum had brought because she said it made me look 'grown up' LOL !!!

But I was out with these two but they were arguing over who I was going to work with. They both didn't want me with them, and I could tell it. That destroys your confidence when you are that young. I will never forgive them for that , but of course my father wasn't an elder, so what could have been said ? In fact , my father didn't even go to the meetings, so I was subject to a lot of that style shit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit