When did the Brothers/Sisters, make you feel UNLOVED,WORTHLESS?

by Fruitcake 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

I felt Worthless, when I was a new auxiliary pioneer. I was having some personal problems, but I was so eager to try my best, and doing quite good in the Hall. I was in a new hall, with a new bunch, and always out in service.

One car trip I started having hypoglycemia symptoms real bad. It was nearing lunch,and they all pull in to Burger King, I had no money, but everyone bought their meals, and was chompin in the car. Weakly I asked if I could get a burger I would pay someone back.

Mr, Elder, (special sauce, dripping down his chin) suggests dropping me off at the grocery store with my food stamp card after they finished THEIR meals!!

I felt like passing out, I was shaking and weak,It tool a lot of effort, to wait while watching everyone eat their burger and fries, but eventually I got some cold cheese, and a orange juice almost an hour later!! (you cant get hot food with a food stamp card)

I wanted to cry that day, ......I felt like I was 2 inches tall. to this day, I find it hard to ask anyone for anything, no matter how small, and everytime I pass by a Burger King I feel sad.

• LDH
    LDH

Fruitcake,

The only worthless people in that car were munching on Burger King.

Lisa

• confuzcious
    confuzcious

This one really pissed me off.

But it also made me feel worthless.

I was just recently privately reproved, but this one sister knew the story.

Anyway, we're out in service and we stop on a break.

To be nice, I volunteered to buy everyone in the car group breakfast.

Everyone accepted except for Miss Hollier than Thou Pioneer who wouldn't accept anything from me.

The way I took it was that, when we were in service, she could talk to me, but now we were on a break, I was now bad association to be avoided.

• confuzcious
    confuzcious

By the way, LDH, you are hot.

I want to see if we can have a Miss JW Discussion Forum Pageant.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I am fully disgusted but not entirly surprised .. myself and my mother came up against the same kind of thing, and yet we were always there to help others in need if we could.

The next time you pass Burger King and you have some cash .. go buy your self a meal and one extra ... hand the extra meal to someone who looks like they would like it and tell em it's theirs .. you felt like buying a stranger a free meal .. leave and never feel sad about those arseholes ever again.

*HUGZ*

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

PS, the car group I was in was an affluent group of pioneers, Mr Elder had lots of cash on him when he opened up his wallet to pay for his meal. I only wanted a one dollar Whopper, But anyways, I knew it wasnt like they couldnt afford to get me anything,.

What hurts was that I told them I was getting hypoglycemic,and it didnt register anything in them. I would've ate someones left overs if I could to alleviate my symptoms.

I knew they looked down on me because I had some personal problems I was struggling with,. and I guess they marked me early as bad association or something, I cant figure what a hamburger has anything to do with proving what?

Anyways., your recollections are welcome......

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

FC, i'm so sorry that happened to you.

How these people possibly delude themselves into thinking they are imitating Christ with their lifestyles is beyond me. What happened to you is inexcusable, but unfortunately, I'm not surprised by it.

I don't think there's a whole lot that could surprise me after all i've heard.

My own personal 'worthless' moment...I had been suffering from major depression (since the age of 12, untreated because of the society's warnings about psychologists) what i know now was MS (i was misdiagnosed at the time) and had had my wisdom teeth pulled. i lost 20 pounds in the month following the oral surgery,(complications) and finally when i was able to drag myself to the sunday, then tuesday meeting, i'm in the door two seconds when Brother Fat-as-a-pig-and-twice-as-lazy walks up to me and says "Sister (fill in the name here), you're actually at two meetings in a row, to what do we owe this honor?"

***hole. I cried as I drove home that night, he had no idea how i'd dragged myself out of bed just to be there.

then there was the 'encouragement' I got from the elders after my first miscarriage, god, i can't even GO there right now...

((((((((fruit))))))) i'm so sorry that happened to you, it never should have. if i'd been in that car, you can bet that i'd have divided up whatever funds i had, if necessary, or shared what food i had to be sure that you got something to eat.

~essie's ghost

"god help the outcasts"

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

Oh,just noticed your responses..

LDH, thanks, your response made me laugh.

CONFUZCIOUS, You had the (I am a pioneer, you're bad association) experience too.

MONK3Y, Great loving, (opposite-Witness-thinking) advice!!

Thanks everyone, keep your experiences coming, I think its healing to be able to vent, and get comforted by truly loving people like you all.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Friutcake, sorry you were treated that way. I know what it feels like to get over hungry. Those bas****s.

That reminds of the time I was out in service harassing the neighbors with a poor pioneer and a rich elderette. We decided to stop for lunch and she informed me that it was my responsability to buy lunch for the poor pioneer. Of course, I didn't mind paying for his lunch (and I did buy it), but she had lots of money and was too cheap to pay for him. Sounds like she belonged to the same clique as the bas****s in your car group.

The an elder made me feel unloved was when he found out I'd told two friends that I was gay. He said I couldn't be part of the congregation, since I was a self-proclained homosexual.

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

Ghost......(((((HUGS)))))) You sound like a big heart, glad you're here....

,and I give everyone all my love.

Looking forward to everyone elses experiences....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit