Fading 2.0

by pale.emperor 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• JaneM
    JaneM

I'm definitely a combination of Sister C and Brother M

My mother is sympathetic toward me because she knows I dealt with a lot from the "friends" before I woke up. In her mind I think she believes I was discouraged.

But I'm very straightforward with not believing it's the truth. And I went into far too much detail with too many people. I was in so much shock by the info I found I just wanted to show everyone and I thought they all would see it as clearly as I did.

However, I block communication from elders. If I stumble upon one in public I smile and say hello like everything is normal and yes them to death. Then I continue to avoid communication with them.

I'm going to one day of the convention this weekend because my mother asked me to. I also want to offset the effect of all the shunning propaganda. If I'm there with her I feel like she may be able to feel like the info doesn't apply to me.

....Well some days I don't know wtf I'm doing lol but I'm living with my boyfriend, not attending meetings, talk a lot of shit about the org and I'm still not df. Sooo we will see.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Dudes are more at risk in the religion. Especially if you are a servant or an elder and you wander off the reservation, they will slit your throat and throw you outside if they have even a passing fear that you can influence others in the congo.

• LogansRun
    LogansRun

Good points, I'm starting the process of fading now and regret not doing it a long time ago but like many I stayed around to keep unity in the family. All of the information here on the fading process is helpful.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It's all about appearances! We decided NOT to "play the game." So much happier now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit