Hotels Deny Watchtower Discount Rates For 2020 Regional Conventions

by JW GoneBad 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• tiki
    tiki

If there an angle they can line their pockets, they'll find it and exploit it. And sniveling creeps make the lemmings think they're getting a deal. We always booked rooms wherever we wanted....one place in particular was banned but we stayed there anyway...subsequent years it was back in the list...we booked and got a lower rate than the WT rate as we were regulars. Then we quit conventions forever.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Just so you guys now - the value of the different Rewards Benefits, are STAGGERING when you think of the MILLIONS of hotels stays that have been happening for decades.

Just think of some of the things you may get as rewards, besides free stays, cash back, discounts for products and services.....

It is BIG MONEY!!

AND THE FRIENDS ARE NEVER TOLD!

They are BROW BEATEN TO GO TO THE ASSIGNED HOTEL "cuz you will be hurting the other friends if you dont" - NOT GO so the WT can collect ALL YOUR PREKS and use them for themselves.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I once asked for an old bastard rate and got it.

Add in the raiding the ice machine, no tipping maids, taking complimentary breakfast for lunch. Then maybs the reps tried to push too many kickbacks

• Spiral
    Spiral

Anyone who has been around the business world probably knows this. Years ago I worked at a job where I'd have to plan travel (not a hard task as the company had a travel agent) and she explained the perk system to me.

A few years later (as we were starting to fade) we'd frequently plan to go to a different convention (easy to skip most of it) and we always just booked where we wanted to stay. I doubt we ever paid more for the same type of room. Plus we'd get the points, or whatever was on offer.

Always good to know how things really work.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

We had an international convention in this country. I just happened to know some of the delegates who were coming. Part of the deal was that they had to stay 5 nights in a certain motel during the convention period ( btw this motel wasn’t cheap either). I asked them before they came, and since they knew me, to contact the society to see if they could stay at my place. They ended up staying in the motel. When I enquired with them as to what happened. They said they were asked to write Wt a letter explaining the situation and Wt subsequently never replied. These delegates were from a developing country, which made the situation even more costly for them.

Wt if you end up reading this you should be ashamed of yourself. You know full well if you were a secular firm you would of never gotten away with it.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral
    I went to Napa Valley one year and was looking in for cheap rooms. The larger city was called Vacaville about 50 miles away. I ask where there any hotel discounts are conventions in town… They said only the Jehovah’s Witnesses. I said I Grew up a Jehovah’s Witness! I eventually was able to get a great discount with some other perks that I used as well. Please don’t take the Jehovah’s Witness discount away… I would like to use it a few more times!
  • blondie
    blondie

We had better rates through AAA or our government status, and used that. Those rates were much lower than any offered in the WTS booking system.

We just didn't advertise our windfall and be told that we should be supporting the WTS financially through the booking system.

Remember, when jws were told not to eat at outside food vendors but support the food "arrangement" at the assemblies/conventions?

Then in 1990, the WTS suspended paying for food those "arrangements" and in 1995 the WTS told jws they had to bring their own food, and cut the time allowed for lunch supposedly not enough time for jws to go to restaurants (many still did go to restaurants and just came late).

• Ronin
    Ronin

I have heard that they have said to use the jw code or say you are a jw because they get reward points and that helps bring rates down? I think this is to get free rooms for the higher-ups in Warwick right?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

During the 1958 International Convention in NYC, it was reported by a member of the media that Jehovah's Witnesses came to town with the 10 Commandments and a $10 bill and left without breaking either of them.

It's about the money!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I was told that up to three letters are being read to most if not all congregations in the Long Beach area during this week's mid meeting. One letter is from WT Headquarters...the gist of the letter is that while 'Mother' isn't happy with the hotels for refusing to offer discount rates...WT puts most of the blame on renegade rank & file members who have not been following protocol...but rather have been making their own reservations...not booking rooms from WT's recommended lodging lists. One of the other letters was from WT's Long Beach Convention Committee. In this letter they come down hard on those rank & file JWs for not cooperating...for acting independently, so to speak. The committee says, in so many words, that these JWs have ruined it for everyone else...that the end result will be that brothers and sisters will be forced to book rooms with hotels that are further away from the convention venue.

My reply to 'Mother' and the Long Beach Convention Committee and anyone else concerned..."Get Over It"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit