Why is God's punishment always nonsensical?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Rules & Regulations, you can't be upset with a God that doesn't exist.If He does exist you have to accept that you're dealing with a non terrestrial entity that has existed for eons of time and He made it clear in the Bible that His ways are not our ways, and His judgements are not like our judgement.

I would recommend a book called "The Unseen Realm" by reknown Bible Scholar Michael Heitzer .In the Old Testament God delegated power far more than He did in the New Testament to other angels and that would explain some "inconsistencies" in delivery of judgements.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    If He does exist you have to accept that you're dealing with a non terrestrial entity that has existed for eons of time and He made it clear in the Bible that His ways are not our ways, and His judgements are not like our judgement.

If there is a God, there would be in no way that he inspired the Bible. A mish-mash book written by great story tellers. A book written by Jews, who made themselves ''God's chosen people.''

Take the Noah's Ark story. The whole earth is evil, Noah builds an Ark that is humanly impossible, Noah gathers animals that live in all kinds of weather zones and land masses, and only his family survives out of probably millions living in that time period. God destroys every living thing because he wants to start new. What happens? Evil returns in greater numbers!

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz
    Rules & Regulations, I studied the Bible for over 40 years and I believe the opposite but that is the beauty of being an exjw , we can agree to disagree
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    I studied the Bible for over 40 years and I believe the opposite but that is the beauty of being an exjw , we can agree to disagree

I was a Jehovah's Witness for 42 years. We really didn't study the Bible. We studied Watchtower Society books and articles. I walked away 9 years ago. Either the Bible is real or not that's for everyone to decide for themselves. For me, the more I dig into the Bible stories, I do not believe God inspired any of these fabricated stories!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Getting upset with Jehovah's bloodthirsty tantrums is like getting upset with Darth Vader when he Force chokes someone. Why is it upsetting? It didn't really happen. The people in the story never existed.

The reason is because we like to put ourselves into every story. One philosopher described it like watching a play being performed on a stage in a theater. When the actor playing the villain walks out onto the stage our reaction is to jump up on the stage an punch the villain.

This is all function on Ego.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RULES & REGULATIONS:

I totally agree with you that what Jehovah’s Witnesses really have are their OWN literature studies - with maybe a look-up of a selected scripture here and there that seems to fit their agenda!!

In my opinion, these are not really true bible studies!! A true bible study would be using the Bible. Period.

With regard to the general gist of the thread, I think most of the Ten Commandments and the health regulations elsewhere in Leviticus are the rules (or general moral guides) in the Bible that I think are useful or important.. Everything else? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I find most of all of Jwism is about made up BS on the fly.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    I find most of all of Jwism is about made up BS on the fly.

Rutherford was apparently the biggest BSer, his desire to take over for Russell lead him to make a lot of changes and additions to JW beliefs (including the name Jehovah's Witnesses). He really got the ball rolling on the habit of JW leadership finding "new light" everywhere and making stuff up. I can see why Fred Franz was upset when they pushed for an actual governing body; just imagine how many crazy ideas he was ready to run with after Knorr passed away!

• Dagney
    Dagney

This explains perfectly how religious folks can have such a disconnect with the suffering of others.

Watch a couple fellows burn alive in front of you? No biggy, carry on.

9 billion people destroyed? No biggy. What relief they will be gone so I can have my mansion and pet panda.

Son/daughter doesn't want to be a JW anymore? They are dead to me. Too bad, but those are the rules. Case in point, (why I'm particularly annoyed), just yesterday I was told that a son of a former friend, (elder), passed away on Tuesday. The son was no longer a JW. I was told last night that the dad will not attend his funeral. What a great witness eh?

Orthodox religious folks have learned this from their god, and want to be exactly like him.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

And Jehoeber Witnesses are such loving people! Yeah, right!? Especially to family that leave them. BS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit