One of my JW friends posted this on Facebook. Totally cringeworthy!

by Divergent 44 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Is it a need to be associated with something because it provides some benefits that meet their needs even though there are negative consequences?

I think it's a need to believe they made the right choice. The more they gave up and sacrificed for that choice, the greater the need to believe they were right to have done so.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

No, my grammar is terrible.

No, I didn't get an education.

I wonder why they had to mention the term 'Cult' at the top? Because deep down, they know it is?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

People in Cults don't realize they're in a cult until after they are out of it, otherwise they'd have never gotten involved with it in the first place. Most of the time they spend as a cult member, seems perfectly logical to them. It's only when personal hurt or betrayal within the cult occurs, that they begin to allow themselves to see things as they are.

How many of us sailed along rather uneventfully as JW's until we were hurt or betrayed by someone in the cult or when we crossed paths with the unkind/unfair policies of the organization or discovered the organizations past history that was hidden from us?

(raises hand)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LisaRose - "The more they gave up and sacrificed for that choice, the greater the need to believe they were right to have done so.''

Interesting and quite correct...

...the specific personal realization that I hadn't actually given up and sacrificed a whole lot (relatively speaking) actually made my fade considerably easier.

Luckier then some, I guess.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Coo coo for cocoa puffs!!!

SL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit