What is the real purpose of attending your JC?

by StarTrekAngel 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

When I have read some questions about Judicial Committees in the past, many fail to realize that if you are called to go before one, the elder body already has enough "evidence" to Disfellowship you. As an ex-elder, I can say three things. The first one is that (as previously mentioned) all sins can be forgiven except the failure to believe in the Governing Body and very, very quickly the questions asked of you will turn in that direction. Secondly, most elders will turn off and end the Judicial Committee if you try to made the Judaical Committee meeting into a forum to justify or prove your position. And thirdly, if you even start to mention that you don't want to loose your family, even with tears, its really over ... that's worldly sadness; not Godly sadness and you'll be done. The only thing that's going to save your bacon it to go in the back back room is to fall on your sword and and say "Mea Culpa". This is because Elders are drilled over and over again to keep the congregation clean and if you fail the loyalty test questions, there is no maneuvering room left for you.

That's unless you an elder's son or daughter where historically things tend to go a little different.

• Saename
    Saename
    rebel8 - I was forced to attend by my parent, with my only other choice being homelessness.

I don't get those types of people. What the heck is wrong with those fools? Evidently, some parents forgot the definition of the word 'parent.'

I guess the only reason to believe in God, in my case, would be to hope that those idiots would finally get some kind of revenge. Eternal fire in hell would be nice. Yeah, I know. I'm not a good person because I wish bad people would suffer.

• Saename
    Saename
    Don't even get me started on the people like the Governing Body, who let children and teenagers be molested and abused by monsters.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Forget about debating dogma with "true believers", it's not possible. Attending a JC to educate Eldubs, is pointless.

It would be better to not attend ANY meetings, "encouraging visits", or JC's, and ask the Eldub's to explain why the WTBTS's GB, and Legal Department are spending $4,000.00 USD per day to avoid disclosing letters concerning their internal handling of pedophilia.

Eldub: We would like to meet with you.

You: Mmmm... NO.

DD

• careful
    careful

Ironically, I have found, elders appear more forgiving of disbelief in God or the Bible than disbelief in the Governing Body. So tell them you find it hard to believe in God, but you are nevertheless convinced that he is using the Governing Body as his faithful slave. Scratch their heads they will, but be appeased they might.

SBF, I have to laugh because this is so true!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Elders: "do you believe that the GB is gods channel here on earth?"

You: "can you provide me with 5 facts that prove that they are?"

Silence.....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Elders: "do you believe that the GB is gods channel here on earth?"

You: "can you provide me with 5 facts that prove that they are?"

1) Who else is organizing the world wide preaching work that Jesus spoke of?

2) Who else besides this Org has the identifying "love" that Jesus spoke of?

3) Isn't the fact that this Org is the fastest growing religion evidence of that?

4) Who else has been directed to remove all the false religious doctrines and practices?

5) Who else refuses to tolerate unrepentant sinners by removing them from the Org?

Doc

{Note to the slow learners: I'm not saying this is true evidence. I'm just posting samples of the "evidence" you would be given if you asked that question.]

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I claim to every Elder I meet that they no longer have any authority over me, I was never a member of the religion as it is today. I left in 2008.

No Elder has yet disputed this, and no Elder has accepted my invitation to prove to me that what they now teach is the "truth", so that I should join their new religion.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Sad to say, the question of whether the GB are God's spirit appointed people in charge of his org is NUMERO UNO on the question list.

Remember how we were told to shout "Jehovah" when we thought a demon might be around?

Elders immediately switch to asking the GB question when THEY are on the hot plate, and losing.

• Saename
    Saename

I'll show you what the elders want to do to you during the Judicial Committee by using four simple pictures from the Holy Book of Pictures...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit