Whole Study Article on Commenting at Meetings

by JW_Rogue 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Few people commenting? Could it be that the "normal" WT goes something like this:

Conductor Boring: Brother Mumble-mouth will now read the next paragraph.

Brother Mumble-mouth: When Jehovah created all things one of His first sons held a special place. He was the First Born of all creation. His name was Jesus.

Conductor Boring: Thank you Brother Mumble-mouth for that fine reading! Okay, friends. This is a short paragraph, but let's see what we can glean from what "The Slave" has provided for us. The question on the paragraph is, "What was the name of Jehovah's first creation?" Umm...let's see...sooo many little hands to choose from...how about little Brother Two Year Old Who Screams In The Microphone?

Brother Two Year Old Who Screams In The Microphone: GEE'-ZUSS!!

Conductor Boring: THANK YOU! That was a fine comment. Now to go a little further, "What is another way Jesus has been referred to? Umm...let's see...how about Sister Dumb As A Rock?"

Sister Dumb As A Rock: As the paragraph brings out when Jehovah created all things one of His first sons held a special place. He was the First Born of all creation.

Conductor Boring: That was a fine comment Sister Dumb As A Rock.

And that is what is considered for nearly one hour a week as "Bible Study" using the WT.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I would even bet the lack of good comments is that many in attendance know TTATT and can't even give comments any more they just sit there stone faced all pissed off at these assholes.

This is probably more true than many in the hall would believe. I did take the liberty to change a couple words to reflect the way I felt though.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Ugh, I’m so glad I’m not part of that mind-numbing bs anymore.

Since I quit going to meetings I’ve had enough free time to get a real education: a B.A in Music Education and a Ma.Ed. in Education Curriculum and Instruction. I am a high school teacher and have the pleasure every single day of teaching young minds to think, really think.

And they get to ask their own questions, all they want!

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

It's not really surprising that less people comment now, with the congregation mergers it is easy to float into the background and no one really notices. It's funny how WT thinks it can control people with articles like this when the reality is most will continue with their same routine. Maybe some will answer more for a short period of time but then they will go back to their old ways. This organization just doesn't have the same influence that it once did. If they announced the King of North in the 90s people would be going crazy, now it's just another annual meeting...ho-hum. Only the old timers and the uber dubs got excited by that one. It took awhile but the fact that Armageddon didn't happen before the year 2000 (as was heavily implied) and the extension of the generation teaching has people tuning them out. They still "believe" but not at the same level that they did before.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

I remember one occasion when a newly inducted person, after a paragraph had been answered, raised her hand and asked the conductor for clarification, as she didn't understand the answer given. She was ignored yet persisted. After two attempts to seek an answer she was told to ask her then group leader. Her embarrassment was plain to see as she felt humiliated and later told me that she never realised how one sided such studies are.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

'This point from the Faithful Slave in paragraph 12 ties in well with the pedophile problem that is costing the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society 100's of millions of dollars because they keep insisting offenders should not be turned into the proper authorities and try to keep it secret."

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

'This point from the Faithful Slave in paragraph 12 ties in well with the pedophile problem that is costing the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society 100's of millions of dollars because they keep insisting offenders should not be turned into the proper authorities and try to keep it secret."

I might try to find this later, but does anyone remember a YouTube video of a scenario very similar to this? Someone had gotten the mic and started talking about the pedophile problem, and the brother sitting next to them kept trying to take the mic away. When he couldn't get the mic away, he started telling the young brother carrying the mic to take it away, but the brother wouldn't listen. He just let the person talk with a little smirk on his face. He looked around 16 or 17. Maybe he knew TTATT. I'll probably never be able to find that video again.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I saw one where 'Kevin Bunker' starts talking about the pedophile problem into a handheld microphone and they cut the sound on the microphone and he acts all confused and says the microphone died. Too funny.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Brokeback WT - "... I would even bet the lack of good comments is that many in attendance know TTATT..."

Ain't no resistance like passive resistance.

Brokeback WT - "...I see a mass exodus very soon..."

Mass exodus? Dunno.

But there's more than one kind of exodus.

Hell, as far as I'm concerned, we are the exodus.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    waton - "...spouting wt temporary light..."

"Old Light", "New Light"... "Temp Light".

I'm gonna be chuckling about that all day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit