Whole Study Article on Commenting at Meetings

by JW_Rogue 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Next week we will study inappropriate hand-raising techniques so that we can maintain our Christian unity.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

You missed out on the middle finger salute .

back to topic ,its a sure way of indoctrination though isn`t it ,read the paragraph ,lead with the loaded question pertaining to the paragraph and accept the answer that`s in the paragraph as correct.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

My comments are just like the end ,just round the corner; it never happens!

Zing

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Blondie:

Many jws know that commenting at the meetings is voluntary (so far) and not required to get everlasting life

ha ha--love that.

• stillin
    stillin

Let me preface my answer by saying that 30 seconds will be cutting things close. My answer is substantive and the culmination of hours of personal study, in which I delved into the historical context and scholarly works, especially THE INSIGHT BOOK! I intend to add real depth of understanding as well as practical application to our Study here today. 30 seconds are up? OK, forget it.

• tiki
    tiki

Commentary on commenting. Seriously how can anyone with half a brain stand it!?! Pathetic and useless and beyond stupid.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The entire process is designed to produce uniformity and zero actual learning. This was one of the primary things among JW's that really irritated me as a young person.

• atomant
    atomant

for smiddyImage result for one finger salute

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Start calling random people without notice? I guess it's time to start learning a foreign language, preferably one that is not commonly used in the local area. I wonder how they would respond if I gave the answer in German when no one in the whole circuit can understand it.

For those already in regions where German is understood, I bet very few would understand Sanskrit. After a few comments in fluent Sanskrit, I doubt they would be dumb enough to call again--and, if everyone did that (and preferably in a different language), that would be the end of that. You get comments when the paragraphs carry enough substance, not when you have to answer virtually in the words of the paragraph.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I personally think commenting is optional, but actually living by bible principles or being a good person through works is most important.

Zing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit