How Do You Feel About Completely Open Borders?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Magnum
    Magnum

I am vehemently opposed. I think immigration should be STRICTLY controlled. I think the U.S.'s having open borders would rapidly turn it into a third world country. Hell, I'm even for controlling our own internal population growth.

I hear there are a lot of jobs that people in the U.S. don't want and that immigrants will do those jobs. Well, I say offer those jobs to people who are on government assistance, and if they don't take the jobs and do well at them, then cut off their assistance. Why should we let more people in when we have citizens who are unemployed? I also say make prisoners do some of the work like picking fruits and vegetables, and if they don't work, they don't eat.

I'm sick of people flooding here. If they have problems in their own countries, they need to fix them - not come here and try to change our country. They also need to quit fuc&ing or use birth control if they can't take care of their own children.

"the DPC cites data from DHS and the Department of Health and Human Services to warn that the Biden administration is 20,000 beds short of what it needs to properly house the 117,000 unaccompanied child migrants expected to cross the border this year." -Migrant children border crossings to surpass record by 45 percent: report (nypost.com)

I'm sick of it, and I have a right to be. My wife and I work our a$$es off for not much money. I'm sick of people flooding here and of seeing my tax money spent on them.

If they don't stop coming, wages will be driven down and our already shrinking middle class will be gone.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Immigration has been a problem for fifty years and no elected officials have given much more than lip service while campaigning except DT. The wait in Mexico while your paperwork is done was a good start. However, there needs to be a clear "path to citizenship" that is reachable by being able to support yourself, good conduct, and acclimating to the culture.

Knowing who is coming into the states and for what reason is important. Are they here learning to fly planes to hijack several and fly them into buildings, like at 9/11? America has needed workers, the construction trades have been dominated by Hispanic labor for years. Forty years ago, Hispanics were doing labor work, then they started learning the skills of form carpentry, finishing concrete, masonry laying brick etc, and ironworkers just to give you scope. Now, they are reading plans off of tablets to layout jobs and have smartphones. And they are workers, I'll say that. The Union Trades had the market on construction and their demise corresponds to immigrants. Now Kevin O'Leary and Mike Rowe have YouTube programs encouraging young ones to take a second look at the trades. Why go to college for a low-paying job and have $40k in student debt?

I had some contractor friends inform me after they had been drinking for several hours, that they had work visa applications for over 150 workers a year. (One of their partners was from Mexico and he would drive down to the smaller towns and recruit young men to work.) I asked, "How can you justify asking for 150 workers?". They replied they couldn't find workers. I replied, there are workers everywhere, what are you talking about? They said, "Not for what we are willing to pay".

I was talking to some young men staying at the hotel and working in construction. I told him they needed to join the trade unions and gave him an idea of the pay differential and other benefits. He looked at me in disbelief.

Democrats are not interested in solving immigration as is clear with the sweep of a pen that has made immigration a free-for-all clown joke and the current crisis at the border is really inhumane. China and the rest of the world are laughing at the stupidity of American leadership. Look what has happened in Europe i.e France with open borders). The situation with Chinese students and immigrants can be questionable also, many are just informers (spies) for the CCP.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I think immigration should be STRICTLY controlled. I think the U.S.'s having open borders would rapidly turn it into a third world country. Hell, I'm even for controlling our own internal population growth.

Amen and Amen.

I believe right now we are admitting about 1,000,000 immigrants per year. That is a lot and that is enough. It should all be legal, and by the way we should be hunting down people who overstay their visa and kicking them out.

Same thing with people crossing the border illegally. Give them 1 month jail time, then deport them. inform them that next offense will be 6 months. 3rd offense 1 year.

I'm not sure if there will be every be a president who would be able to do something like that. To be able to survive the accusations of racism by the woke mobs.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I hear there are a lot of jobs that people in the U.S. don't want and that immigrants will do those jobs. Well, I say offer those jobs to people who are on government assistance, and if they don't take the jobs and do well at them, then cut off their assistance.

Those people who do not want to work will not even if you try to force them into it. They've learned to play the system. They are the same people who file work comp claims for "injuring" their back from a little hard work and then never seem to be able to recover. Then as soon as they can, they'll file for Social Security disability too. Businesses would rather they mooch off the "system" than mooch off of them and damage their insurance rates.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I say offer those jobs to people who are on government assistance, and if they don't take the jobs and do well at them, then cut off their assistance.

That times 1,000

• minimus
    minimus

It’s amazing! You need proof of who you are in every part of life just about but when it comes to illegals, just come on down!

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

truth b known

Spanish lesson here. When I studied legal interpreting, a 'misdemeanor' was translated into Spanish as 'delito' which translates back into English as 'infraction', while the cognate to 'crime' 'un crimen' specifically refers to 'a felony' and 'un criminal' as 'a felon.' But by your American English definition, every person who speeds or jaywalks or watches a bootleg DVD is 'a criminal'. You really sound ridiculous to anybody who is bilingual and understands how law and morality are two distinct things.

• Simon
    Simon

Every border and rule is what ultimately protects you in your home.

If you start dismantling them then at some point, you lose the right and ability to own your own property and with it any expectation that you can live your own life on your own terms.

Just because the first domino may be hundreds or thousands of miles away doesn't mean that it won't affect you.

Initially it affects you with wage suppression and higher taxes, but eventually your personal liberties are at risk.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    America is not some helpless stone-age tribe with no immunity to the diseases of the outside world that's going to die out by accepting refugees. Nevertheless in the age of covid, borders are a good thing. It's a good idea to know who is in the country, hence having open borders where nearly everybody (except dangerous felons and carriers of infectious disease) can come over legally is the common sense sweet spot.
  • waton
    waton
    Spanish lesson here.

english lessons should be compulsory, before these people are even allowed near the border.
    Proficiency tests before the citizenship ceremony. abolishing of all bilingual services, material.

i speak 2 other languages, but it is a hobby. bsw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit