If Apostates Were Allowed To Stay In The Congregations...

by JW_Rogue 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Half banana
    Half banana

Good points TD.

If I were made to remain in the cong, I would have to be bound and gagged as Outlaw suggests and then I would still blow a gasket if I was forced to hear the speakers.

I feel very sorry for those who suffer this cruelty for the sake of their spouses.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Why in the hell would someone who is fully awake and don't care about families

ties attend the meetings. Only if you are a glutton for punishment.

• steve2
    steve2

Um, excuse me Mr JW elder. I actually don't want to stay.

• Brighid
    Brighid

I was a secret apostate in my old congregation, back in the day. There was a whole "ring" of us. And by apostates, I mean a group of us, who as JW's didn't swallow all the b.s. hook, line and sinker and were willing to discuss it among ourselves. I left the state and the JW's years later but heard from my recently df'd brother that most of them are still in.

There is dissent in the congregations. If it was there in the late 90's, I can only imagine what it is now.

• stillin
    stillin

Statements like this set off witch-hunts. "If you congregation elders are worth your salt, you will weed out any persons who you SUSPECT may have apostate leanings! Interrogate them and do what is necessary."

Witnesses always take things to the next level. "What is Jehovah trying to tell me right now? I wonder if I should mention to one of the elders that Brother Stillin actually expressed an actual thought! Those are bad. They said so at the Holy Convention."

• blondie
    blondie

Actually apostates do stay in congregation..ifi they don't identifyyin themselves as such or go around trying to "convert" people to their point of view. Even if df'd or da'd, as long as you quietly attend, there is no legal reason they can don'make you leave the building. They don't make jw pedophiles stop coming....

• St George of England
    St George of England

Why in the hell would someone who is fully awake and don't care about families

ties attend the meetings. Only if you are a glutton for punishment.

Or they do not wish to be cut out of the will........

George

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

St George: That's funny "they do not wish to be cut out of the will". The majority of brothers and sisters

I know their kids will need to help out with the funeral (financially). There will be no funds

for the love ones most lived on the edge waiting for their neighbors, non JW family members to be

barbecued.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

There's that old saying by elders "The truth comes out eventually. You can't sin in secret". It's interesting because from studying human beliefs and psychology there's a notion that if you believe something, you begin to act in accordance with it. I.e. if you believe you're going to get found out, you do. Because subconsciously you begin to give yourself away.

That's why pathological liars can pass lie detector tests. They believe they're telling the truth. If you believe you're going to get found out you will.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If all "apostates" and ones who know it is not the truth stayed in the congregations, then the number of "witnesses" would be closer to 30 million!

Im sure there have been more who have LEFT the org than actual members still in!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit