If Apostates Were Allowed To Stay In The Congregations...

by JW_Rogue 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

My wife was playing the "stay loyal" convention that she taped the other day and I noticed the brother said something that wasn't in the outline. During one of the talks Friday on shunning he said "Can you imagine if apostates were allowed to stay in the congregations? The congregations would be a garbage heap instead of the spiritual paradise they are now." I was wondering if anybody else heard this at any other conventions or if this brother just added that on his own.

• sir82
    sir82

I heard there are no more manuscripts at all in any convention talks. So I would guess it was an add-on by the speaker.

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

They love to disparage and sneer at people who think for themselves and who don't swallow everything their precious GB utters. For all their posturing and preening, they're actually nasty jerks, the JWs.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Isn't it interesting that in their "spiritual paradise" no debate or personal opinion is allowed.

Conformity at all costs!

I can't wait until the New Order System World! Then we can forbid debate and opinion forever!

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    I heard there are no more manuscripts at all in any convention talks. So I would guess it was an add-on by the speaker.

No manuscripts but the outlines are pretty detailed and don't leave much time for personal illustrations. From listening to different RC talks on youtube you can see that they are pretty much the same talk.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Can you imagine if apostates were allowed to stay in the congregations?

Stay?..

Once you know its All Bullshit you Want to Leave..

This is the Only Way..

To Keep an Apostate at a Kingdom Hall..

Image result for Businessman tied up

• Londo111
    Londo111

Ha! The truth is "apostates" don't want to stay! They just want to freedom to leave without being shunning by friends and family...the freedom those of most denominations have.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm sure there are many apostates still in because they're still doing the double life thing so certain family members won't cut them off, or they're just hanging on until they feel totally comfortable to tell the elders to fuck off.

• TD
    TD

The truth is few, except the most miserably brain dead of JW's do not secretly harbor at least one, "apostate" idea.

Common examples include:

The belief that babies lost in miscarriages and stillbirths will be resurrected.

The belief that married couples will be reunited (and not just platonically) in the earthly resurrection

The belief that lions eating straw, etc. is either entirely figurative or that it simply means predation upon humans and domestic animals will cease.

The belief that the "end" may still be very far in the future.

• sir82
    sir82

The belief that babies lost in miscarriages and stillbirths will be resurrected.

No longer an "apostate" thought - there was a QFR from 4/15/2009 that changed their stance to "we don't know":

Questions From Readers

Is there any hope of a resurrection for a baby that dies in its mother’s womb?

For those who have never suffered the loss of an unborn baby in this way, it may be difficult to imagine the feelings of those who have. Some parents grieve such losses intensely. One mother lost five children before they were born. In time, she felt blessed to raise two healthy sons. Yet, she remembered each loss. To the end of her days, she knew just how old her stillborn and miscarried babies would have been had they survived. Do such Christians have a basis for hoping in a resurrection to restore what they have lost?

The simple answer to the question is that we do not know. The Bible never directly addresses the matter of a resurrection for babies who were stillborn or lost through a miscarriage. Nonetheless, God’s Word does contain principles that bear on the question and that may offer a measure of comfort.

Etc. etc. yadda yadda yadda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit