Injustice In India Over National Anthem

by Iown Mylife 15 Replies latest social current

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The following is a link to scans from February 2011 of the WT's Official Correspondence Guidelines regarding the Flag Salute and Anthems

http://imgur.com/a/M8KvT

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Interesting, this.... as a child we had this issue in the U K when it was common to have the anthem played at cinemas & shows. We simply checked when it was due and slipped in late or left early . No problem.

The report said :

This order also made it mandatory for all present in the hall “to stand up to show respect to the national anthem” as part of their “sacred obligation”.

Dubs are supposed to show respect as the Bible says . It is the singing of the anthem or a gesture of compliance such as a salute that is not done, so why not stand? .... or not go to cinema.... I guess they love their Bollywood!

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I find it ironic that so many people here have the problem with Watchtower because you claim that Watchtower forces you what to think and believe, but have no problem with this. This is a way for a government to tell people what to think and feel, to feel patriotic and show honor for a government. The 49ers QB Kapernick kneeled during the US Anthem because he felt that the government did not show him and other African Americans with respect, so you can't say that only JWs have a problem with the National Anthems around the world. If you were a FARC rebel how would you feel if there was a Columbia law that forced you to sing the Columbian Anthem. How about the Basque Separatists feel about singing Spain's Anthem.

In the US, Justice Jackson wrote "[t]hose who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard." This was after he gave evidence that such unity is a futile thing when it comes to patriotism.

He goes on to eloquently stated: "no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I find it ironic that so many people here have the problem with Watchtower because you claim that Watchtower forces you what to think and believe, but have no problem with this......RO

Watchtower would rather JWs didn`t have any outside interests,including going to the Cinema..

The WBT$ would rather you didn`t even own a friggin pet!..

This is nothing more than WBT$ Self Promotion..

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I didn't say Watchtower forces me what to think and believe...I said they WANT to force me into thinking and believing what they want me to think and believe.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

This is what WT is worried about? Really? They should be worried about the dwindling money and members! Their publicity lately has not been good. It reminds me of your house burning down and you're worried about what color to paint the front porch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit