Again: Where is Jesus?

by Wonderment 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

• Assuming for a moment that Jesus was an actual, real person, then where he is ... is dead ... and has been for a very long time.

Heaven,

That tomb was EMPTY. Many people have been converted to Christianity just by examining the facts surrounding the resurrection alone.

But aside from the logical conclusions. there is the experiential knowledge that believers get when they are "born again". When a person asks God "to come into their heart", they are giving permission for God to "posses" them by means of the Holy Spirit, who is God and who specifically bears witness to the deity of Jesus as well.

Shortly after being "born again" I had an encounter with the Holy Spirit around 4am one morning while studying and praying. I had direct and intimate knowledge that I had just met Jesus. Quite outside of my cognition or "will" but certainly voluntarily, I audibly confessed these words, "He's alive". At that moment, I had passed over from believing that Jesus was resurrected, to knowing that Jesus is alive. I remember that incident quite well...some ten years ago now.

Born again Christians know Jesus, primarily because he lives inside of them:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me.

“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another COMFORTER, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you” (John 14: 15-17)

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God - Romans 8: 16

I can tell you from experience that knowing God the way a person does after he is born again is WAY better that the logical induction/deduction methods we are stuck with without this intimacy and knowing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit