Gog of Magog - Watchtower says it has two identities

by Listener 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Listener
    Listener

The Searcher started a topic addressing the GT, a comment from Sparrowdown asked an interesting question -

"...the political powers of satan's world will form a coalition..."
    That's the statement that interests me. What are they alluding to?
    When we compare all these Scriptural references about the final attack on God’s people, it becomes evident that the name Gog of Magog refers, not to Satan, but to a coalition of nations. W 15

I thought I would do some research after seeing Sparrodown's question and although I cannot answer it, I noticed that they are now teaching that there are two future Gog's of Magog.

The first exists during the GT and is the Coalition of nations that attack God's people as mentioned in the quote above. The article also explains that this coalition has murderous intentions towards God's people.

They are guessing that this coalition will be lead by the King of the North but it's only a guess. Regardless, they will be destroyed during the GT.

Their is another mention of Gog of Magog at Revelation 20:8. They are claiming that this is a different Gog of Magog (a second Gog of Magog). This one has the same 'murderous attitude as the original Gog of Magog. Those with this 'murderous attitude' are humans and exist during the testing period at the end of the 1.000 year rule of Christ and will also be destroyed.

But who is referred to as “Gog and Magog” at Revelation 20:8? During the final test at the end of the 1,000 years, those who rebel against Jehovah will manifest the same murderous attitude as ‘Gog of Magog,’ those nations that attack God’s people at the end of the great tribulation. And the outcome for both groups will be exactly the same—everlasting death! (Rev. 19:20, 21; 20:9) It seems fitting, then, that all those rebels at the end of the Millennium be called “Gog and Magog.”W 2015

For further evidence of there now being two Gog's of Magog in JW teaching, the two charts in the 2015 Watchtower shows them clearly, one during the GT and one at the end of the 1,000 years.

What's even weirder is that they are assuming that the first Gog of Magog is not Satan based on the idea that the second Gog of Magog not being Satan

We are told that at the end of the 1,000 years, Satan will be released from the abyss, and “he will go out to mislead those nations in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war.” (Rev. 20:8) But how can Satan mislead Gog if he himself is Gog? Therefore, “Gog” does not refer to Satan in either Ezekiel’s prophecy or the book of Revelation. W 2015

At least with the old light when Gog of Magog was believed to be Satan, it was easier to understand as he was not destroyed during the GT, only sent to the abyss and later released at the end of the 1,000 years to be finally destroyed. Since they changed it's identity they needed to create two future Gog's of Magog and decided that neither one was Satan.

They're 'new light' or new interpretations are even more confusing and makes less sense than their 'old light'. But it's funny that they can identify these two future groups representing Gog of Magog but now have no idea who the King of the North is.

Have I lost anyone?
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

When will people get a clue, these idiots just write stuff to keep people enslaved, they have no clue what their writtings.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Listener,

I hope your summary is correct ,because if it is , it should wake up a lot more old timers and hopefully others that this religion just makes things up as the years drag on.

Jehovahs Witnesses must hold the "Trophy" for the religion that changes their interpretation of scripyures the "Most" that they once held as the only "truth"

Jehovahs Witnesses are living proof that the " Holy Bible" does not mean what it says or does not say what it means .

That is why they have continually changed the interpretation of scriptures they once held as "True" to another interpretation for the past 140 years .

• waton
    waton

spinning the gog for ~ 4000 years? irrelevant.

• Chook
    Chook

Gog of Magog is just another overlapping piece of shit, interpretation of scripture has more combinations than the weekly lotto. Seven headed beasts and rivers of blood are in the same category as Harry Potter . Next the WT will show Tony Morris and his mates riding white horses with the blood of children up to their knees, what lovely chaos they are.

• wozza
    wozza

In reference to those two charts displayed.........

I don't see two Gog of Magogs but ........I do see one Gog of Magog and one Gog and Magog

Do you see the difference?

this is a bit alarming

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

FWIW this was discussed here back when the Watchtower 15 May 2015 was released

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/105160002/who-gog-magog-watchtower-may-2015

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20150515/gog-of-magog/

Back then this thread's OP summarised the WT's updated doctine as:

Listener - 2 years ago

In a nutshell they are now saying that

(Ezekial) Gog of Magog refers to a coalition of nations and will be destroyed at Armageddon

(Revelation) Gog and Magog those who rebel against Jehovah and will be destroyed at the end of the 1,000 year reign.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/105160002/_post/99770001

• wozza
    wozza

Thanks but the first Gog is "of" Magog as if to say Gog comes from Magog

The second Gog is "and" Magog as if to say these are two identities and does'nt say where they are from

So maybe the fools on the Geriatric Body are personifying the place Magog now like they say Wisdom is personified ,so desperate to invent a new group to back up their bullshit.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I saw Gog of Magog on TV:

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    When will people get a clue, these idiots just write stuff to keep people enslaved, they have no clue what their writtings.

At least for me, doing this sort of analysis is more about a fascination with how I was ever fooled by them when there are plot holes scattered literally everywhere.

I hope your summary is correct ,because if it is , it should wake up a lot more old timers and hopefully others that this religion just makes things up as the years drag on.

I predict that no one will wake up due to this particular failure of interpretation. It's too impersonal a doctrine to base the enormous decision/commitment of leaving the cult on. Anyone that sees the holes will just say "well that doesn't make sense, they'll probably clarify this soon." Really, anything in revelation (an exception being the literal nature of the 144k, probably) is a little thin to wake someone up - at least I don't think I'd ever have committed to doing research on whether the cult is really 'the truth' based on the interpretation of an exiled old man's fever dream.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit