Am l the only one.?The older l become the more hostile l become towards god.

by atomant 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

The world just makes sense once you let go of supernatural answers.

Of course there is loads we don't know but I'm ok with that.

Don't attempt to choose your beliefs. Just keep reading, listening, debating and thinking. Seek out the strongest arguments against your current position.

Your beliefs will take care of themselves.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    As others have said, I try not to get hostile towards imaginary beings. I do, however, only seem to grow more hostile towards those that presume to speak for said imaginary beings as I age.
  • Terry
    Terry

First off, getting older makes you cranky. I mean, after all, we're on Death Row and our shelf date is creeping up on us. Who wouldn't be pissed?

But, the whole "God" thing is so shapeless and subjective to me at this point in life, how could I get angry at a floating blob of imaginary nothingness?

Humans are a drop in the ocean and I don't know why an actual "god" would bother with us unless we are the celestial Grand Poohbah's version of Soap Opera.

So, having said that . . . I get peevish with the "true Believer" who is absolutely convinced about god and simply won't rest until they've made it quite clear how annoyed they are I don't join them in the jamboree.

I do get to opt out. But, they resent my exercising the right to remain silent when not speaking to deity. Instead, I end up talking to them--the deafest of all hearing-impaired on earth.

Smile and nod. Works in most situations.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just the night before this was posted, as I was getting ready for bed, I announced, "Ok God, Gods, Jesus, Angels, Guardians, Ascended Masters, Aliens, ect, I'm done with you. Unless you show me something concrete, or actually come to see me or pick me up in a space-ship, we are done. I'm not putting forth any more effort to track you down, or spending another insomnia filled night on the Internnet, trying to pick though unending assertions and bullshit. Show me something if you want me for some great purpose, give me powers, otherwise we are done."

I will let you know how it goes.

DD

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    The God in the Bible is a despicable prick. In some ways, I wish Satan would destroy his lame ass. That's the only happy ending IMO.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the hostility that comes from within is the fact that I once believed it and that normal sane intelligent people believe it.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Same attitude here. I find myself verbally insulting him under my breath often.

I could not agree anymore with Sam Harris' view in his utube video 'Morality and the Christian God'. Check it out.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit