Am l the only one.?The older l become the more hostile l become towards god.

by atomant 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant
    They say you mellow out with age.Maybe so but not in my case.l feel its an insult and degrading to us humans to have to live the way we do if there is a god.Deep down l guess l do believe theres a god but lm having great difficulty trying to understand why things are the way they are.l dont need a bible bashing from anyone l just feel frustrated and helpless.l just battle on like everyone else but l get the feeling theres a whole lot more to our existence.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

As I age, the more introspective I become.

I believe in Intelligent Design.

I've been looking for the episode without success - but I feel like we are in an episode of the original Star Trek TV series, where "God" had created us as some kind of experiment, and is watching us as we "evolve."

The end game?

"God only knows."

• talesin
    talesin

When someone uses me (like g-d does), and wants my support (like g-d does), but is never *there* when I need them (like g-d), then I say "Buh-BYE" (which is what I said to g-d when I was 20, many years ago).

That's what I did when I was young, honest to God! : P

But seriously, I've not regretted that choice. Why keep begging for his approval and/or asking for his help?

I wish I could have let go of my parents as easily - but they are real.

bg - the fx - that big smiley head. They did several treatments (eg; greek-type g-d-like aliens - the first biracial kiss), but that was the one that really 'got' me when I was a kid. I've always thought that alien life forms were more plausible than g-d. Perhaps that's why, as a child, I loved ST so much. That, and its message of social justice and equality. Yay for the 60s! ; )

• talesin
    talesin

Or is it this one? (Not the one I was thinking of, but check out the plot on Wiki).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whom_Gods_Destroy_(Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series)

This one (another personal fav)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Mourns_for_Adonais%3F

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    If "He" is so magnificent and so on, I must amount to less than a speck. On the other hand, I am God to me, no one matters more at the first than me because we die alone. Now that said, it doesn't mean I am malevolent, just aware that this is probably my one time around so I try not to waste it, treat everyone else as if it's their only trip too and hope I don't get hit by a truck. Other than that? I expect "Him" to make up for my lack of understanding him since "He" appears to want it that way. If not? Oh well.
  • zeb
    zeb
    I have a sneaking belief that there is a lot more to our knowledge yet to come.
  • transhuman68
    transhuman68
    Nup. There is no god - never was, never will be. 'God' is just your conciseness, or maybe a group conciseness- but that's it. Why life seems so hard is that this religion stunts people's development - ordinary people have more willpower, competitiveness, and sense of meaning in their lives. Sounds selfish... blah blah blah but you need to find the strength from within yourself to make the best of a world that is far from perfect.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    No. You are not the only one.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Yep. I'm the same way. Older I get the more ornery I get and the less time I have for BS and fantasies.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    its totally beyond me why any intelligent person in this day and age would still cling to the god myth. do they really believe theres an invisible giant bloke out there in the universe masterminding everything?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit