Marked

by Normalfulla 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

OK , my wife and I have faded for a year and a half , I won't bore u with all the details but my wife just got confirmation that her sister got a visit some time ago saying we are marked and my sister also got the same visit in which we were described as dangerous, now for my wife , she has not spoken 1 bad word to anyone about the org apart from me (she woke me up ) the elders came around while I wasn't home and bailed her up but she said she wasn't comfortable talking to them without me there ,so the result ?.....

Let's do a round of all their friends and say shit about them because we can't DF them but let's get them treated the same as if they were .... yeah yeah that's a good idea .... stupid mofos! out to just wreck the reputation of any defectors from the org

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

The org has really stepped on the cultiness these past few years. Sorry to hear it's gone that way for you.

you might be able to seek legal action for defamation of character. Imagine if you did that to your next door neighbour. It's not right and it's not legal.

Or perhaps make a fake solicitors letter and give them a scare.

• zeb
    zeb

don't know what country you are in but that sounds like deformation of character.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I have relatives who were subjected to a marking talk in the past 18 months. Their crime? The husband assumed headship of his family and refused to discuss a personal family situation with elders. Unforgiveable!

Defamation of character can't be proven - because no names are ever mentioned when a "marking" takes place. The congregation is left to figure out who the pariahs being described are.

Elders are all now generally slimy scum-bags, because deep down they know what they're doing is brutal & vicious. "We were only obeying orders" will be their cry.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NORMALFULLA:

Marking! Ah, I remember it well..These idiots couldn’t do a better job pushing members out the door if they tried! You can’t even feel sorry for them.

I’m sure there are more people out of the Witness religion for ill treatment than for those who are out for doctrinal issues. I should thank them though. It made it very easy to ‘fade’ when the time was right.

PALE EMPEROR:

I couldn’t see the point of anybody knocking themselves out going after the religion for defamation of character. How are you going to nail anybody down about saying anything? They lie like rugs.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Normalfulla

Have sent PM

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@stuckinarut2 and @Unstuck have retired for the night, but when they're up tomorrow, I'll get Stuck to chime in here and regal you with stories of the smear campaign his elders executed against him and his wife. The aftermath is even more disappointing - we're talking close friends whom Stuck and Unstuck have busted their asses for so selflessly over the years completely dropping them; crossing the streets to avoid them, turning their face the other way when driving by them on their quiet suburban street, and outright spitting vitriol at them when Stuck has offered to bring coffee to his former friends on cart witnessing duty.

Trust me, you and @I guess Im a Goat are in the honeymoon period right now. Things are about to get SO much more loving once you start bumping into/having encounters with your once-upon-a-BFFs. Happy days ahead, brother...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

but let's get them treated the same as if they were

Yup seen that many times , its kind of like they should to show their devotion to Jah

demeaning people's character who leave is part of cultism

Guilt Shame Obligation

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

I know the feeling. I was DFed in 08 and reinstated 18 months later. Being out for that time woke me up. When I went back I viewed things different. I then walked out and never went back.

I too was marked and have not been able to talk to my family.

No regrets. Very happy now yet I do miss my sons. But hey.....they are grown men and if the chose to follow the direction of the Borg .... thats that.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Maffiosi cult

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit