JW healthcare

by jhine 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

That YOU, Anna?

• jhine
    jhine

It did didn't Stan : ) . X

Doubting Thomas what am l ignorant about ? You can't leave it there.

Jan

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

There is an upside and a downside to some of this, as in most countries, low income JW slaves get free and low cost government health care. I also know many pioneers that support themselves with unemployment and disability schemes (can’t go to work but walk all day in service is not a problem).

As in most countries however, low cost government health care and disability sucks. In the US Medicare/Medicaid will at least cover most issues, but in Europe most JWs are reliant on homeopathy and it doesn’t help that “Dr” A. Vogel (purveyor of quack alcoholic tinctures like echinacea) claimed to be anointed and his family and factory almost exclusively employ JWs.

JWs just eat it, as they are hoping for a life without sickness and death, they don’t really care much about their health in this life, thus the real believers are a drain on society at large.

So for the true believers like pioneers, I’m not really worried, the problem outside the US comes when people are reliant on government schemes for that long, it’s really difficult to get out of it and adapt to real life. Even at low wages, taxes in Europe are exorbitant and fixing decades of ignored health problems can be really expensive. In the US many older JWs that eventually stepped outside the rat race in the organization but are still attached, tend to be the opposite, over-medicated (depression, stress etc), obese, overspending on things that don’t really matter like fancy cars and fancy houses, but they still support the poor girls that are pioneering etc to make themselves feel good about themselves.

The best thing to do in the US, get out of there, get a real job or go to school to make a decent living in a trade (once $40-50k/y income, you can pay for really nice private healthcare) and start saving for retirement. If you’re getting out when you’re already close to retirement, then hopefully you’ve made some good financial decisions before, you won’t die, but you won’t leave much behind either. If you’re in Europe, then whatever strata you decided to live in at your 30s-40s is probably what you’ll retire as, if you’re young, there is still hope but you really have to leave it all behind and work really hard.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Doubting Thomas, she has never been a witness. Be nice!

• jhine
    jhine

Lamallcool thank you , no l have never been a Witness. I would like to know where l am wrong though . I'm happy to learn .

AnonyMous why do European Witnesses need to rely on homeopathy? In the UK we have the NHS where they can get healthcare free at point of contact . Other European countries all have similar healthcare systems . No need for insurance tied to employment , co-pays etc .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit