JW healthcare

by jhine 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• jhine
    jhine

Given that US healthcare isn't free at point of contact and people have to pay for insurance, which can be expensive and is often linked to employment how do JWs get on ? If they are encouraged to take low paid or part time jobs so l assume don't get good healthcare insurance from their jobs . How do they cope with medical bills?

Jan

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Don't go, or Bankruptcy. I had a friend fall and get brain damage/ concussion working at a convention in a job that should not have been assigned to an elderly man. They lost their modest home and ended up living on charity from a witness.

Look at the teeth of speakers the WT has. Dental care is lacking and is a big gap in all USA health.

Emergency rooms are required to take anyone so a cold can become an emergency to get a doctor. Low ( really low) income can get Medicaid. Lots of poor know how to work the system.

The "Affordable care act" raised prices, installed deductables and out of pockets in the thousands so people with insurance suddenly had care only for catastrophic illness. The insurance companies, hospitals, and the doctor associations know how to manipulate treatment for profit, not outcome.

People point to deficiencies in Canada, UK, but they inevitably are employed in good jobs that provide expensive insurance for themselves.

There is a buried line item in the " "voluntary" congregation donation to insure COs. Any that get very sick are reassigned.

Remember, lots of well off witnesses encourage the part time job pioneer for everyone else

• Overrated
    Overrated

Jw Health Care? Good luck on that if your 're not the top tier. Your're on your own.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Growing up as one of Jehovah's Witnesses I only had health insurance once I became an adult and got a job with benefits. Witnesses are obsessed with home remedies and "snake oil". As a kid my parents rarely took me to the doctor. My parents only started going to doctors once they got old enough to qualify for MediCare/MedicAid.

I remember my mother suffered a small heart attack. Rather than dial 911 or rush my mother to the hospital, my father called a sister in the congregation who was a retired nurse. She told my father to hang up the phone and rush my mother to the hospital. Once the medical bills started rolling in my father just placed them in the trash.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Jw health care is only available for the bethel elite. For the rank and file it'sTrust in Jehovah, Jehovah provides
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

What you say is true. I also got the sense that healthcoverage for many pioneer JWs was non-existent.

It is also true many other Non-JWs in the USA are also in the same boat due to very high health insurance costs. The problem with JWs, however, is they put themselves in the position (or are conned into believing) they should only hold low paid part time positions that naturally have No benefits.

I would never have considered working at a job where I didn’t have health coverage! In my opinion, these affluent JWs preaching poverty should ROT. I’ll never forget these sonofabitches trying to strong-arm me to quit my decent job when I was younger!

This is where people have to realize that not everybody is equally damaged by the JW religion. It’s hit and miss and depends on who you are.

If I had listened to these HYPOCRITES, I would have been in a terrible predicament and not been able to Retire. Can you imagine?? ..There is NO forgiveness for this religion and I’m sorry I never got the chance to properly tell off some of these aggressive busybodies who tried to tamper with my life.

Thankfully, I had the sense of my non-JW upbringing to resist it all!🙏🏻

• Overrated
    Overrated

I have no use for JW stuff.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Well Jhine, you speak from ignorance, so you CAN'T understand...

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

thats told you Jan x

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

LongHairGal - you are SO right about listening to HYPOCRITES. I listened too much but realized eventually.

But I will never understand why people do this to others. Still, I have learnt that this is how some people are. They accuse others of doing things wrong, when they are doing even worse than the ones they are accusing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit