slimboyfat joins the Mormons!

by slimboyfat 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes I got a tour of the building already. In addition to the chapel (is that the name?) there is a basketball court, a large kitchen, dining area, library, various classrooms and teaching rooms, a play room for kids, and at least three business style offices with desks and computers for the different office holders including president, bishop and I forget what else. Huge building, tiny congregation.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In addition to the chapel (is that the name?) there is a basketball court, a large kitchen, dining area, library, various classrooms and teaching rooms, a play room for kids, and at least three business style offices with desks and computers for the different office holders including president, bishop and I forget what else.....SBF

Maybe I Buried the Golden Plates..

Under the Basket Ball Court!..

Image result for South park joseph smith

• steve2
    steve2

Basket ball courts are necessary for basket cases,

• DJS
    DJS

@Steve2,

"Basketball courts are necessary for basket cases"

WTF? What's with this new wise ass Steve2? I LIKE it!

More please.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Mormons are the same JW BS.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I forgot to mention another thing they do is they use early modern English, or mainly just thee and thou instead of you. They do this in all aspects of the service: prayers, hymns, and even during sermons.

I wonder what they do in other languages to make it sound distinctive or if it's just a feature of Mormonism in English speaking areas.

Many aspects of the service remind you of 19th century America: the look of the church, the language, the hymns, the dress, the traditional roles for women,

• TD
    TD
    I wonder what they do in other languages to make it sound distinctive or if it's just a feature of Mormonism in English speaking areas.
    Now that you mention it, I have the same question about the BOM itself.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

LOL @ Outlaw. Joseph Smith... once a fraudster always a fraudster, at least, in his case.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I forgot to mention another thing they do is they use early modern English, or mainly just thee and thou instead of you. They do this in all aspects of the service: prayers, hymns, and even during sermons.
    Probably because the Book of Mormon contains huge chunks copied straight out of the AV Bible (King James). Which is why Joseph Smith wrote a book in seventeenth century English in the nineteenth century. I found this out myself when two Mormons called and left us the Book Of Mormon asking us to read 13 pages before they returned. It was years ago but I believe it was Moroni that I read. I thought it sounded familiar and sure enough it's pages and pages from John in the AV, either the gospel or letters, I forget now.
  • Stealth
    Stealth
    SBF: Many aspects of the service remind you of 19th century America: the look of the church, the language, the hymns, the dress, the traditional roles for women

One thing that I have noticed about wacky 19th century american religions is that others seem to revere the leaders of their movements to this day no matter how wacky their ideas were. The Mormons and Christian Science have high regard for their founding fathers.

The Watchtower religion seems almost embarrassed by its founder C.T. Russel and Rutherfraud compared to these others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit