slimboyfat joins the Mormons!

by slimboyfat 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I am familiar with some of those Mormon tunes you heard.

Dumb dumb dumb, dumb dumb... They can be very catchy.

• just fine
    just fine
    Cofty - because it's not up to me to tell other people what to believe. Nor do I want that responsibility. I only have to scrutinize my own beliefs. Although I am finding it hard to believe that SBF would fall for what the Mormons are selling.
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Mormons are told that when they die they will be Gods and rule over all of us nonbelievers. Some are not waiting to start. Egotistic self-righteous bunch. I live in a small Mormon town, a missionary training center in fact. Ugh.

• cofty
    cofty
    it's not up to me to tell other people what to believe

Nobody can tell anybody what to believe. That is what cults like JWs and Mormons do. But we can and should expose lies for what they are. Religion deserves no respect.

• Jerryh
  • TaterSalad
    TaterSalad

Uh, what happens if you take the second M out of Mormon?

Tater

• millie210
    millie210

Slimboyfat,

Interesting observations. I had similar ones when I attended a Seventh Day Adventist group for a while (I wrote about it on this forum back in 14)

I was very impressed with the equality between men and women in regards to church lead activities.

One difference I noticed between the 7thDay Adventists and both Mormons and JWs is they highly value education. There were many there with PhDs both men and women.

The LDS allow for education but still heavily promote big families and homemaking as a godly career choice for women and girls. As for JWs, well we know what they do...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It doesn't sound like sbf is seriously joining, just going for the experience. I went to a Quaker meeting house once, doesn't make me a Quaker.

• just fine
    just fine

Wasanelder Once - I can't agree more. I once lived near Salt Lake and it was awful to be non-Mormon. The God complex is strong with them.

Cofty- I have no use for any religion, I am not missing something that I try to fill with religion. But at the same time I don't know what is best for everyone, some people seem to have a need to be part of organized religion. They can't seem to sort out their problems so they turn to religion to offer a better prospect in the future. I prefer to live now.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Excommunicated members can come to church and people talk to them. They just don't take the bread and water for a period of time.

The church I was raised in did the same. The "not eating with such a man" reference from 1Cor 5:11 was taken to mean that person was banned from eating the 'Lord's meal.'

Of course that interpretation would never work for JWs since almost no one partakes in the first place.

14. The bread and wine was in fact scruffy bread and water.

Did they really turn the wine into water?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit