'Kingdom of God's birth in heaven in 1914' - first reference?

by EdenOne 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lieu
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Those issues from the link are chock full of the crazy. However, everyone (if you flip a page or so) will be happy to know that the big A is not fought between men or even angels and men. It is the fight between the two angelic sides.

Ok, continue your search.

The info you are looking for is likely in the Finished Mystery which contains 100 or so "prophesies". 1914 was originally the date for Armegeddon, not the enthronement. But after the whole 1870's debacle(s) .....

• jaydee
    jaydee

Maybe No typo...

There were late printings of The Harp of God. Yes 1937, even a 1940 edition of the book.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

There were late printings of The Harp of God. 1937, even a 1940 edition of the book.

That's interesting. Did they not update the information inside to match what was currently being taught by 1937?

• jaydee
    jaydee

..........The Harp of God 1940 edition curiosity...........

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1wl8q7

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Jaydee, thanks for the post.

I checked your posted pages and they are identical, word for word, to my 1928 edition of Harp.

It amazes me that the Society published a 1940 edition of Harp without updating the information inside to match current teachings, or I should say what I thought current teaching were at that time, which is that the return of Christ had been shifted to 1914.

I don't think they flip-flopped back to teaching 1874 (as the return of Christ), then switched back to 1914 again later on. Rather they just republished the Harp as it was with no changes. Why would they do that? Do you (or does anyone else) have any ideas on this? Just doesn't make sense, it's as if somebody dropped the ball. But then nothing Watchtower does should surprise me by now.

As a side note, they had published about a million and a half more copies of Harp by 1940: 4,220,000 (1928) vs 5,744,000 (1940). That's a lot of copies being circulated with information that wasn't being taught by then. But it was! As you say, it's a curiosity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit