HQ must be paying Google to get the top hits

by nonjwspouse 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I typed into google jehovahs-witness and the first four hits were borg sites. This site was not even on the first page

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

isnt the search results related to your own browsing and search history? when I type in the name the third result from Google is the wiki page on them which they wont be happy with, didn't one of the brain dead speakers from some assembly or other speak about god blessing their online profile suggesting that if they typed in their name in a certain way opposes web pages wouldn't be displayed? it doesn't work like that!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I believe the third was wiki, but this site wasn't even on the page, and I typed it wit the dash and everything. After wiki was a listing of local KH then other sites that I didn't open, but seemed pro jw from the intro. But this site was not listed, that is what gets me.

When I visit this site I use incognito mode. So this site is not in the browsing history.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

its clearly not working in the way you or how they think Google searches work, at the very top of the results page are three twitter posts one from Covert Fade who posts here and is on YT, search nine is an archived BBC page no longer available but the BBC ran their reports this week about the latest child abuse issues, search number ten is from an Evangelical website explaining the very basics of what they believe,also in there The Guardian is advertising the film Apostasy, the R&F would be forbidden to even think about watching that

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Mine is slightly different, I saw the Scientology run CARM site , but still, why with the specific search keywords would this site not be even on the first page?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I was surprised about those twitter results appearing

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

jookbeard: it doesn't work like that!

Yes. It can.

jw

Try doing a search on google for the initials jw only

with private search results turned off

the first result is the official JW website, with six indented links under,

ALL the other results below appear to be either unrelated to WT, or pro-WT, until the approx 45th results which is JWFacts.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I just tried that Darkspilver and the second result was a steakhouse, but who would type in just jw if they wanted a comprehensive search result

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

jookbeard: but who would type in just jw if they wanted a comprehensive search result

In your own words....

"A brain dead speakers from some assembly or other speak about god blessing their online profile suggesting that if they typed in their name in a certain way opposes web pages wouldn't be displayed?"

And that appears to work for the search jw

And therefore it seems to be contrary to what you said: "it doesn't work like that!"

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

that talk I referred to DS was a couple of years back and he was'nt suggesting that they do that, what he suggested was completely contradicted and refuted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit