NEW PUBLICATION!..... 'References for Life and Ministry Meeting Workbook'

by darkspilver 20 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Will this be distributed at the KH?

I don't believe WT will be printing these new 'Reference CLAM' sheets because of the page size they are:

Magazine size is 7.00 x 9.00 inches (WT/A mags, brochures, workbook etc)

These new 'Reference' sheet are 8.27 x 11.69 inches (ie A4)

I suspect there will be a brief letter to all congreagtions to be read announcing this new provision - with an elders only PS at the end telling them to print out copies for any that don't have access to a computer/printer.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

ZAPPA-ESQUE: pic snipped

Really? You think the publishers are having so much (spiritual) food now in the new format CLAM meeting they are getting spiritually fat on it??

I'm sorry you feel like that - I believe the point most of us are making is actually the opposite (and that's even if we don't believe in WT spirituality) - There's way less 'spiritual' food at the meetings now, and its mostly sweet/sugar stuff rather than actual meat like breaded chicken thighs and wings in your picture)

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I remember there being counsel years ago about brothers creating very similar documents for the school and service meetings and distributing them via email and forums. The org told them not to do it as it could discourage ones from doing their own study and research.

I wonder if a record of this exists in any of the archives?

• blondie
    blondie

Here is flip flop answer:

km 12/12 p. 5

• Our Official Web Site—Use It in Your Ministry
  • Answer Questions: At times a householder, an interested person, or an acquaintance will ask a question about Jehovah’s Witnesses or our beliefs. Show him the answer on the spot, using a mobile device or a computer. It is often best to read the cited scriptures directly from the Bible. If you do not have ready access to the Internet, explain how the person can use jw.org to find the answer himself.—Go to “Bible Teachings/Bible Questions Answered” or “About Us/Frequently Asked Questions.”

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Speaks to the continuing mental laziness getting even worse among the witnesses (and perhaps the general population?) - reducing the mags from 32 pages to 16 was probably primarily about printing costs, but I also think it has to do with keeping the articles even shorter, not wanting to go too much into depth with any subject. Forget about good quality long form journalism. I've noticed lately that even 4 pages is now too much to full with text so they're resorting to more and more charts, boxes, illustrations, cartoons etc etc

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW
    *** w13 4/15 p. 13 par. 6 Help Yourself and Others by Using God’s Word ***
    Rather than paraphrasing key scriptures or reading them from a computer printout or an electronic device, open the Bible and read from it, and encourage the audience to do the same.
    *** km 9/00 p. 3 Question Box ***
    It is important to keep in mind that one reason for looking up scriptures is to confirm that what is being said is from the Bible. (Acts 17:11) Another objective is to examine the Scriptural evidence in support of what is being discussed so that the faith of all is strengthened. Seeing what the Bible actually says while a key text is read will make a double impression on the mind.

When the speaker reads selected scriptures, he does so directly from the Bible, not from a computer-generated printout. When the speaker invites the audience to read along, he clearly states the Bible book, the chapter, and the verse(s). By pausing to raise a question or to comment briefly on why the text is to be read, he allows time for the audience to find the scripture. Repeating the citation will also help the audience remember the reference. It is not recommended, however, to mention a page number, since these vary depending on the particular Bible edition that individuals in the audience are using. Looking up scriptures when invited to do so helps the audience benefit from the power of God’s Word
    *** km 9/09 p. 2 par. 3 Skillfully Use the Bible ***
    Many find that reading Bible texts directly from the Bible rather than from a computer monitor or printout makes it easier to locate them later when needed in the ministry.—John 14:26.
  • Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Hello,

This publication has been around since June 2016. The document was initially prepared in English for the translation teams around the world. This was translated into other languages which had the workbook but didn't have all the references cited in their language.

A letter was read to the congregations in June 2016:

2016 06-03-E-CONG-Re: References for the Our Christian Life and Ministry - Meeting Workbook

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Hello,

This publication has been around since June 2016. The document was initially prepared in English for the translation teams around the world. This was translated into other languages which had the workbook but didn't have all the references cited in their language.

A letter was read to the congregations in June 2016:

2016 06-03-E-CONG-Re: References for the Our Christian Life and Ministry - Meeting Workbook

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Drearyweather

A letter was read to the congregations in June 2016: 2016 06-03-E-CONG-Re: References for the Our Christian Life and Ministry - Meeting Workbook

Interesting - do you have a copy (or link) to that letter?

So actually the English version is 'late'

Here's a link to the Zulu language CLAM Workbooks - showing the availability of the additional reference sheets for each previous month

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/jw-meeting-workbook/?contentLanguageFilter=zu&yearFilter=&sortBy=1

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I remember always being berated by my then girlfriend when i could never find Ecclesiastes. "It's after proverbs!!" she's angrily whisper to me and dig me in the side with her elbow. To be fair to her, to this day i never forget where Ecclesiastes is.

I remember when i first came to the KH with a kindle with all my books on there. I was the first one to use a tablet. The "cool" people thought it was a fad and im just showing off. Two elders almost demanded that i use actual books. One guy at the back in the middle of the meeting hissed to his wife "look! he's playing games!!" (i wasn't, i was just turning the page on the kindle).

Then it was announced that tablets are ok but DEFINITELY not on the platform. The reason being the the bible is "your sword".

Fast forward to now, almost no one in that hall uses paper mags and books anymore. No one on the platform does either.

So i like to think of myself as a trend setter

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit