NEW PUBLICATION!..... 'References for Life and Ministry Meeting Workbook'

by darkspilver 20 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

haha! Yes folks! Really!

It's an eight page printout from the CD-ROM of the scriptures and WT reference for use during the midweek CLAM meeting.

'References for Life and Ministry Meeting Workbook'

Has a backlash from 'non-tablet' users forced the GB's hand? - thought this kinda thing was discouraged??

Direct link for PDF: https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_mwb/76/mwbr_E_201706.pdf

But will the GB do the same for the Study WT?.... if not, why not?

• blondie
    blondie

I think if they allow people to look the scriptures electronically, why not. Pretty soon, the next generation of jws will not be able to look up a scripture in a hard copy of the bible.

• kpop
    kpop
    Will this be distributed at the KH?
  • St George of England
    St George of England

Cannot afford to have people doing their own research. You never know where that might lead to.

George

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

Can't they just look these up? Or are they pre2000 references?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The last time I was at a KH the speaker was telling page numbers of scriptures, something I'd never heard of before.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

I think if they allow people to look the scriptures electronically, why not.

I don't think the scriptures (and looking them up) is the issue here - any non-tablet owning publisher with a hard copy bible should be able to relatively easily look them up.

No, IMHO the issue for the non-table owning publishers is the 'problem' / 'difficulty' of looking up the other references in the back issues of the Watchtower and the Insight books etc.

I can imagine those publishers just 'giving up' and just relying on hearing the answers from the tablet-owning publishers.

It's a catch-22 - the meeting has been dumbed down to a 'painting-by-numbers' exercise with none of your 'own' research, everything is listed, point-by-point.

Because JW Library on the tablets is actually 'so-good' in having it all available at your fingertips it has divided congregations into the haves and the have-nots of tablet owning - this is the GB trying to re-address the balance.

• undercover
    undercover
    The last time I was at a KH the speaker was telling page numbers of scriptures, something I'd never heard of before

Each passing generation (not that overlapping BS) of JWs is less educated than the previous one. They are also less knowledgeable of the Bible (as far as JW knowledge goes). Therefore the time has come when your average, raised from birth JW, can't find books of the Bible.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
  • blondie
    blondie

Some may right now, DS, but the more who just click on the link in the publications will not be doing the work of looking it up, knowing the order of the books. As SBF, already he sees brothers from the platform give page numbers in the bible of the scripture being discussed.

I can believe that if they don't have a pad, they don't own a computer or equivalent at home. No WT-CD would be a problem or access to pre 2000 publications. Don't they have access to them on their pad? I don't know I only have a computer at home/laptop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit