Simple question for everyone

by kairos 20 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

When we think about it, there are MORE Ex-Witnesses worldwide that current witnesses!

The society used to tell us 45,000 a year get DF. Then there are the thousands per year that fade, or stop attending.

So adding that up, it would seem there are more ex-witnesses.

Correct me if I am wrong.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Another simpler question would be

"Why expect truthful answers about the bible from a group that has been around for less than 200 years instead of the people who gave the world the bible some 1700 years ago?"

TTWSYF

• kairos
    kairos

Yes, when did they stop including the numbers DF'd per year?
    Where was it printed?

• flipper
    flipper

Good thread Kairos. I can only speak for myself - but after being born into the pretend " truth " from birth and in it until age 44 over 13 years ago- I left basically because I got extremely tired of being controlled in every step I took in life. If I looked at someone wrong- it's a congregation matter. If I went down on my wife- it's a congregation matter. If I wore white socks while carrying a microphone at a meeting instead of colored socks- I'd get counseled by an elder. I mean- you get my point. The micromanagement is totally flipping INSANE.

I actually chose LIFE instead of death. Living in such a high controlled, mind manipulation , indoctrinated cult that's made up of nothing but lies is nothing short of choosing to be driven into a psychiatric ward. And I couldn't choose that- because I value my freedom of mind and freedom of movement. So- In a nutshell that's my 2 cents on the matter. Peace out, see ya soon bud, Mr. Flipper

• kairos
    kairos

This might be another Matrix moment!

What's it like to be out of JWs? ( the why would you ever quit )

You have to leave to find out.

====

You have to see it to believe it.
    Yes, it's worth leaving.

• kairos
    kairos

Hey! Mr Flipper~
    See you at Tahoe, friend!

• millie210
    millie210

Even at my most believing I always wondered what it meant in Revelation where it spoke of a great crowd no man could number. Who were they and where did they come from?

That scripture never seemed to fit with the relatively few that make up the JW population.

• waton
    waton
    That scripture never seemed to fit with the relatively few that make up the JW population.M210.

very good question for everyone, there is no great crowd numbered more accurately than the wt crowd***, down to the 15 minutes of the old and infirm.

*** the great crowd does not exist yet, for the great tribulation has not started yet, how can you come out of something hat does not exist? WT April 1995; Questions from readers. "Rev 7:9 "--describes the GC after the GT..."

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    That scripture never seemed to fit with the relatively few that make up the JW population.

This scripture doesn't imply that 8 million make up the great crowd, or only JW's will be a part of the Great Crowd. This is stated in the JW book "God's Kingdom Rules":

It seems reasonable that the destruction of “Babylon the Great” refers mainly to the destruction of the religious institutions, not to a wholesale slaughter of all religious people. Hence, most of Babylon’s former adherents will survive that destruction and, at least openly, will then likely try to distance themselves from religion, as indicated at Zechariah 13:4-6.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014263

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

After 7 yrs it seems like some crazy weird episode in my life. Was I really a witness once upon a time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit