Simple question for everyone

by kairos 20 Replies latest jw friends

• kairos
    kairos

Q. How do you explain the millions that have left or were DFd/DAd from JWs?

A. No evidence exists that it is the truth.

Case closed...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

every single one of their doctrines,predictions does not have one single shred of truth attached to them

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

A. No evidence exists that it is the truth.

Case closed...

If it was that easy.

How do you explain cognitive dissonance?

No evidence that showing evidence alone closes the case.

Case pending...

• steve2
    steve2

Looks like you asked and answered your own question so you don't need others' input.

Have I got that right?

• a watcher
    a watcher

Simple...

"...Satan has demanded to have all of you to sift you as wheat." (Luke 22:31)

The millions were sifted OUT.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

People eventually see the lies and corruption of if this organization which has a publishing house operating at its core.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

When I think back on my life as a JW, I personally knew or was related to dozens of people who either left the organization on their own or who were DF'd or DA'd for one reason or another. I think it's safe to say that like me, each and every one of the 8 million + current JW's today, also have at least one or more relatives or former friends who are no longer a JWs.

That being the case, there are more "former" JW's in the world, than there are current JWs. In the past, unless they were willing to picket outside an assembly, these former JWs had to disappear into the wild blue yonder and remain voiceless as to what happened to them.

Thankfully, those days are gone and thanks to the internet, millions upon millions of former JW's now have a voice. They are a mighty throng who will no longer be silenced.

• kairos
    kairos

As new visitor to this site, I was stunned at the amount of truth coming at me.

This question needs to be asked by the JW doubter.
    Why do they leave if it's the truth?

To a still-in JW, there is no answer ( reason ) good enough to leave.
    Curious, is it not?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I asked this question of an Elder just after I had left, posing it thus:

"These people have believed it was the Truth, they have lived the life of a JW fully, but they have left, why do you think this is ?"

All I received in reply was a twitch of the eyes and a shake of the head, he could not answer, worse, I do not think his brain could process the question, it simply called everything he held dear in to question.

Curious indeed.

• kairos
    kairos

We've all asked it.

"Why would they choose death?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit