Vice doc spotlights Jehovah’s Witnesses

by Rattigan350 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Just finished watching it. Good information on the stolen docs from just one congregation. Pretty shocking stuff.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I also just watched this misbehaving WT documentary. Are TV documentaries like this one going to bring down WT? Certainly not...but this bad publicity ain't going to help it any either.

WT had a shitty reputation before today...plain & simple! This documentary made WT/JWs look even shittier...mission accomplished!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Are their any aussies here who can help me view this ?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Just watched this on my iPad, someone on ex JW Reddit provided a link for those of us who don’t have Vice. Thank you to that person. It was very powerful to see the shocking amount of abuse that’s being covered up by the organization.

I had no idea that Kim O’Donnell was abused by her mother as well. ((Hugs to you, my dear!)). This was a powerful documentary, very well presented. Barbara Anderson, Mark and Kim O’Donnell, Kameron Fader, and others, thank you so much for putting yourselves out there.

This organization is right, we are indeed in the ‘last days’. But the last days are for them.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

For everyone who missed the Vice documentary about Jehovah's Witnesses and would like to see it, here is the link. Please share!

https://twitter.com/MaryMller19/status/1420740821884686342

• Terry
  • Sea Breeze
  • johnamos
    johnamos

How sad it is that these people in the documentary are so naive. I guess I shouldn't expect less due to the fact that they were a JW at some point.

This is a counter-productive documentary. On the one hand it is great to come forward and expose any and all child abuses cases. Yes show that it is a problem within the WTS, show that they try to cover it up, etc. But when they start talking about Armageddon and paradise earth and living forever, etc...and they try to make that part of the false teachings of the WTS, that is where the documentary looses credibility and it aids to the JW beliefs about apostates.

Its one thing to bring to light the child abuse issues and the true false teachings such as 1914, 607, etc...but when they try to make Armageddon, etc...a false teaching then that is like they are saying the Bible is fiction and there is no God Jehovah/Jesus and this world is just how it is and there is no hope.

It is all very anti-Christian, anti-God...true apostates.

Its one thing to expose and break the faith and misplaced trust that JW's have for the WTS/GB, but it shouldn't also be done in regards to God and the Bible.

As I said, counter-productive.

• johnamos
    johnamos

And for this women that says that her mom abused her and drowned kittens, she said that she went to the elders and they did nothing...I have no reason to doubt her and I am sorry for whatever she went through, but I just wonder did she tell her dad? Did she tell the police?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    JW GoneBad asked, "Nathan Natas...how are you able to watch this documentary?"

Hi JWGB!
    I have DirecTV in Seattle, and VICE is channel 271. I have all the movie/documentary channels subscribed to (no sports) so VICE is probably covered by one of those subscriptions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit