Any African in here?

by sankara23 16 Replies latest jw friends

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

sankara23 - Hello ati ki o kaabo!

quincemyles - Hello to you too !

I am in Cape Town - You are welcome to stay in touch with me !

http://www.kapstadt.de/panorama/milnerton-tafelberg-nach-westen.html

• AFRIKANMAN
  • Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Hi and welcome from the UK

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome sankara,

Your situation seems very difficult you seem like you have only two options

1. Live a lie to preserve family bonds

2. Move away and hope some family bonds remain

Its very sad that WT puts JWs in this position. It must be really stressful for you. I wish you all the best and I hope you get a happy life that you deserve.

Take care

Kate xx

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Hello Sankara and welcome!

I was born and raised in South Africa but have been in the USA since 1997. I was assigned to a Job in Lagos for Mohammed Indimi in 1999. I must say, I Really enjoyed the music and food there. The people in Lagos were having a bit of a rough time when I was there. How is Lagos nowadays?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Hi Sankara, I am afraid I am a lily-white through and through Brit. I have however met a few Nigerians who are now here in the UK. One chap became a very good friend, he was easily the best educated person in our cong. He moved on to another part of the country though. We used to have some really good chats mostly about none dub stuff. I think he is part of a strong dub family in Nigeria although that didn't stop him from getting a good university education. I never really broached TTATT to him but I often wonder how he would have reacted if I had.

He is one of the people I really respect for their intelligence. One of my fantasies is to sit one of these people I really have time for and discuss how they are able integrate their well honed critical thinking skills with the pap they are served as the indisputable truth.

• Miss_Nk
    Miss_Nk
    Hey Sankara, I'm Nigerian as well and I'm 22 but living in the UK for university. I've just graduated and I'm moving back in less than a month and I'm not quite ready to stand up to my parents. My sister is here and knows TTAT and graduates next year so hopefully, we'll both get an apartment and move out of our parents house together. What city do you live in? You can PM me. We live in PHC but shuttle between there and Lagos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit