Entertainment: What's everybody reading or into right now?

by schnell 25 Replies latest social entertainment

• schnell
    schnell

I picked up Bernard Cornwell's The Pagan Lord at the library. Historical fiction set in England after the death of Alfred the Great. I'm loving it, especially the between-the-lines wit and sense of timing in Cornwell's writing, and the complete badassery of the protagonist.

And sort of along those lines, I picked up Final Fantasy Tactics for Playstation again. I remember dropping this game when I was a teenager listening to talks about video game magic. It's a fun game, and I love the turn based strategy style. And I found it for $7! Sweet!

What about you? What are you reading/listening to/playing? What are you into that you're so happy to have without a cult telling you what you can and can't enjoy?

• smiddy
    smiddy

As I`ve got older its much easier to watch TV series now than falling asleep after reading a couple of pages of a book

We have netflix , and we have enjoyed watching a number of mini-series from europe and elswhere , just to mention a few.

The prisoner ( Israeli )

Borgen ( Danish )

Eyewitness ( Norwegiian )

Homeland ( USA )

And currently Designated Survivour ( USA )

House of Cards ( USA )

The bridge and the tunnell ( british /french )

I just realised I have become a couch potato , never mind I have now Joined a mens gym at my local health centre to keep me active..

• Listener
    Listener

We've been watching the whole series of the English show "Would I lie to You" on Youtube. It is so funny, hubby and I really enjoy the English sense of humor. We've also been watching Lee Macks "Not going out" and David Mitchell's "The Peep Show" which is very different.

• bohm
    bohm

I am watching the chess world championship when I can and otherwise I have begun to play a bit on lichess.org.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I've just read Total Eclipse by Liz Rigbey with my book group and loved it. I then got The Hunting Season by the same author, also very good.

Just seen Arrival at the cinema. If you like deep, intelligent Sci Fi you'll love it.

On TV enjoying The Missing and Humans.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

West World on HBO is my show right now.

Reading "13 Hours".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Catching up on The X-Files for the first time in a decade and a half.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Reading: Gentile Times Reconsidered.

Tv: Catching up on all seasons of The Walking Dead on meeting nights when the wife is getting her dose of indoctrination.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I regularly read about all the shenanigans of the right wing at rightwing.org. When I'm posting here I jump back and forth between that website and this one.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Just finished John Grisham's "The Whistler". I've read all his books - I think I now know more about the US legal system than our own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit