Anyone here take any chance you get to tell others how dangers the cult is?

by mickbobcat 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I know I have made some uncomfortable at times and others have thanked me for telling them about the cult because some family member is one and they thought it was a bad cult but did not know details. Personally I take every chance I get to tell others about the cult.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Regrettably, we stay pretty quiet so as not to disrupt our "fade". Plus, most people will not open their eyes to anything negative about the Cult until they are "ready". You can't force feed them.

• jhine
    jhine

As a never JW l don't have to worry about that DoC . I do try to tell people but sometimes they seem to think l am being nasty and exaggerating. This happens a lot with my fellow church goers because they just can't get their heads around what l describe .

Others have difficulty seeing the WT as a cult because people have a fixed idea of what a cult looks like . Obviously brainwashed weirdos all together in a large commune .

Maybe that is how they suck folk in because they don't appear to be a cult

Jan

• Overrated
    Overrated

I stay quiet. I let facts do the talking. People need to find their path on their own.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

As a never JW l don't have to worry about that DoC . I do try to tell people but sometimes they seem to think l am being nasty and exaggerating. This happens a lot with my fellow church goers because they just can't get their heads around what l describe. ~ jhine

I can see that! I think most of our non-JW family members just saw JWism as another "Christian religion" that is just a "little weird". (No Christmas. No birthdays. No blood transfusions. But that doesn't matter until someone needs it.) Maybe like they consider the Mormons. Though I think the Mormons attempt to appear more "mainstream".

I addressed it with a counselor I was seeing and they had NO IDEA what the Cult is like if someone leaves it. They think it's just like a Catholic or Lutheran that decides to quit going to church. No big deal. That have no idea that if a JW "sins" that the "church" is NOT there to help them, but simply excommunicates them. Even family.

Maybe things like the Leah Remini series on Cults will open some eyes.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

How far JWs have come in 100+ years when it comes to those who leave the organization.

“Even treating the brother for a time as 'a heathen man and a publican' would not mean to do him injury, to castigate him, pillory him, or expose him to shame or contempt...the brother may merely be treated in the kindly, courteous way in which it would be proper for us to treat any publican or Gentile...” WT 3/1/1919 p. 6397

• Biahi
    Biahi

I have. Once, I was voting in a small local election. The people at the polling place thanked me for voting, since turnout was small. I told them why voting was important to me, they asked many questions. One man had been getting called on by witnesses, he thought they were nice people. I gave him an earful. I had him bring up jwfacts.com on his phone. I told him to show them this website next time they came by and he said he would.

Also, I noticed my (Hindu) next door neighbors were getting called. I went over there and asked him about it, he said he took the magazines to be polite, and to get rid of them, but they keep coming by and bringing more literature. I asked him if he was interested in becoming a Christian, he said no. So, I showed him the JW facts website and told him to bring that up next time they came by. He said he would. I haven’t seen them since. 😀

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Why yes I do. I was able to tell several hundred people just this last weekend that the Watchtower is a Satanic death cult.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Nope; I find most non-JWs don't want to hear about it, and there's nobody in the religion I have any interest in saving. I don't even think I'd have any interest in talking to most of my jw friends even if they decided to leave.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I used to. Now it just feels so far in the past that I'm over it. Rarely think about it anymore.

Probably why I don't visit here as much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit