"Special Meeting" on Sunday 4/27/03. How special?

by robhic 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• robhic
    robhic

A friend of mine who is a JW told me last night that there is a special meeting today that she wanted to attend. Since her health in the last few months has prevented meeting attendance (other than the Memorial) I wonder why she is so determined to make the meeting today, Sunday April 27, 2003. Could it just be a local thing? Do the JW do that or is every meeting in lock-step with all the meetings in the country if not the world? I know they like their uniformity.

There seems to have been some speculation I've been reading here regarding "new light" coming soon. Possibly regarding the JW and the UN connection? Something else or is it possibly just a local thing and I am mis-reading the importance entirely?

Thanks for anyone who can shed some "new light" of their own onto this question of mine.

Robert

• Mulan
    Mulan

Isn't it just the annual "special talk"? Boring, boring, boring, same old, same old.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Boring, boring, boring, same old, same old.

Sounds like a good "topic for conversation" in the Weekend Poll, Mulan.

Stay tuned.

Catch ya later.

Cheers, Ozzie

• metatron
    metatron

If you're talking about the yearly special talk that follows the memorial, forget it.

It was about Babylon the Great and nothing new or notable except:

They failed to mention the Gentile Times as one of three "lines of evidence" pointing to 1914

They repeated that the UN would turn on false religion

metatron

• Gopher
    Gopher

Metatron, please clarify.

You said, "They repeated that the UN would turn on false religion."

How would that fit in with the new light from the 6/1/2003 WT where the WTS effectively de-commissions the UN as their future attackers (in their great tribulation scenario) by omitting them as the named human agency associated with the "image of the wild beast"?

Or is the UN still prominent in their future doomsday scenario?

• Analysis
    Analysis

The 6-1 Watchtower is talking about the King of the North.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Gopher, Analysis, et al: What does it matter who they think will destroy religion anyway? I mean, when have they ever been right about anything?

And along with ``fine," ``special" is the most overused word in the JW lexicon.

• Gopher
    Gopher

"fine" post, room 215!!

I was just wondering for argument's sake. Of course their prophecies are all dookie.

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

"They repeated that the UN would turn on false religion."

They didn't even hint to the UN in the outline, simply a refernce to the verse indicating Babylon's distrucction by th e10 horns and the wild beast was made. I don't know why any fool would mention the UN in tis context.

Enough uplifting scriptures in the outline to build faith in the creator's promises made in the Bible without using w or re or it references!

LL (of the first-not-so-glad-than-happier-to-give-this-year's-special-talk-class)

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Of course the Beast with 10 horns of chapter 17 that turns on Babylon is explained by the WT as the UN. At least most of the time , sometimes they have forgotten their own explanation and identify it as the governents in general when making brief references to this passage. So nothing has changed in their role for the UN. It is really ridiculous however how they shift the identity of the 10 headed beast as the world governments to the UN arbitrarily. For the record. The beast and the harlot are references to Rome and it's sucession of caesars and emperors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit