Daily Text July 21, 2017: Jehovah is a loving father?

by Sanchy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• menrov
    menrov

The WT promotes their God in a way that actually creates the opposite. The WT believes they need to sell their God to other people by using these descriptions of love and care. The outcome when somebody does not agree: one becomes very often an atheist.

What if there indeed is a creator and that creator simply created humans and all flora and fauna. And once done, handed it over to humans to enjoy the planet. That's it. What does that mean? It means that we owe all failures and successes to ourselves. No bad demons or good angels. Nothing to blame the creator. Is there any proof that this creator is interested on our wellbeing? NO. Is there any proof he loves us and at the same time allows us to suffer? NO. All views are human interpretations, trying to find answers for their own problems, suffering and injustice.

Any (normal) father would do anything to provide a safe and healthy environment for his child(ren), and protect him/her from any cause of pain or worse. Many prefer to give their own live to safe that of his child(ren). Now, consider that the child has grown up and the father says: here is my house. Enjoy, have your own family. And father goes away, doing other stuff. From that moment, the child is on his own. And yes, will make decisions that sometimes are good and sometimes not. Will the father intervene? No, because the child is now on his own. Father is doing other stuff. The family of the child grows over the years and the child forgets about his father. He is now independent, just as his father wanted him to be(come).

That is how I now see my god. As my creator. Will he ever intervene? I do not know. I have not seen any proof for that over that last say 10.000 years. Is it important? No, I am now responsible for my own steps. Life after death? Who knows.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Oh, boy. This analogy strikes home. Six days ago my two year old son disobeyed me by breaking free and running across the road. He was hit by a car. Several police visits and an team of paramedics later, I sat in the children's Emergency hospital thinking to myself "if only I could redo today. If only I could go back in time...". For Jehovah, nothing is impossible. Not even time travel and do-overs. Yet he refrained. As for him not wanting to give rise for concern among the angels watching over his credibility as the Sovereign, please explain why Jehovah was more than happy to eradicate the world of "wickedness" with the Noachian flood. The angels were watching then, where they not? Wouldn't that Great Flood count as cheating if Jehovah was a God of his word and stuck to his own rules of "handing the chalk over to the rebel in the classroom and allowing the rebel to prove himself wrong"?

FYI My son survived being run over. He is alive and well. As one sister told me "thank Jah he is okay." And what of the other children who have died in accidents (Witness children included). Where was "Jah" then? Why spare my son and be thanked for this stroke of luck when there are millions of innocent children in the world who need divine intervention more than ever? Damn, I hate the superstitious hypocrisy of Witnesses.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

@menrov: Interesting view

@wake me up: OMG I'm so glad your son is okay. You must have had the scare of a lifetime!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Thanks @Sanchy. We were hanging out with @JWfacts for the day when it happened. See what happens when you associate with apostates?!?!?! Lol.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Interesting.

I'd though of essentially the same scenario (after I had kids, of course) at one point in my fade.

Well done.

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle

Great analogies! I always wondered how loving Jehovah could be when he killed all the "evil" during Noah's flood leaving righteous man only (presumably....i know better now) and then let the Earth go right back to the way it was - what was the point of that? That's not loving at all especially considering the promises he made in the Bible, supposedly.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“ThinkerBelle” : I always wondered how loving Jehovah could be when he killed all the "evil" during their Noah's flood leaving righteous man only (presumably....i know better now) and then let the Earth go right back to the way it was - what was the point of that?

Well, I have one better than all of that: I believe that everything happens simply because it can. That’s it! There’s no “love,” or any such else. Things happen because they simply couldn’t not happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit