Has anybody ever heard of this in their local area

by joe134cd 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I think its just the families and parents who want their kids married in a KH.

You know its the same old appearance thing. More concerned how things look on THEM rather than their kids.

The families of the ones getting married want them married in the KH for often sentimental issues.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Any young couple who confesses to fooling around before the wedding is banned from using the Kingdom Hall. I know of a couple cases where the actual wedding was moved to the reception venue because of that. Others, I think, might choose to be married elsewhere if they don’t want to be stuck with JW music only. Let’s be honest, the new JW songbook sucks.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

JW music is dreadful

• DNCall
    DNCall

Of course this was a number of years ago, but I officiated at a wedding on the Sunday of the Circuit Assembly. It was scheduled for after the close of the assembly. Many in our congregation and other congregations attended. It was held in a hotel ballroom and, although I didn't find out until arriving, it was Disney-themed! The whole thing was hastily put together which is suspicious and I didn't question the couple regarding their maintenance of chastity. No elder wanted to touch this one. I did it because I had great affection for one of the family members of the bride. Within months, the bride and groom separated. Neither was what I would call mentally stable. My point is that some pretty bizarre scenarios played out despite the "preferability" of a KH wedding.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Many prefer the Kingdom Hall because of the requirement that ALL of the wedding party is "in good standing".

Many do not care. Use of the Hall requires approval from ALL users of the hall (every congregation) that there will be no schedule conflict...a real pain if multiple congregations and languages use the Hall.

Many prefer a reception site where food & alcohol can be served, and that is located near where most of the attendees live (family and real friends). Having a wedding in the Kindom Hall guarantees a crowd of hungry judgemental acquaintances/locusts descending upon the reception and eating everything in site. $$$ :).

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I was not married in a kingdom hall, but I was married by an elder. The ceremony was on a Saturday. It worked out because the ceremony and reception was all at the same place, just different rooms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit